2016 Dodge Ram Pickup Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2016 Dodge Ram are $1,456 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs on average $292 each year, collision insurance costs $484, and liability costs around $500. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $560 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $3,142 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,544 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,456
Rate estimates for 2016 Dodge Ram Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2016 Dodge Ram models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $560 for basic liability insurance to a high rate of $3,142 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences demonstrate why all drivers should compare prices based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2016 Dodge Ram Insurance
Finding better insurance prices for a new or used Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a new or used Dodge and locate the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes occasionally due to the fact that insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best price for Ram pickup coverage two years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. There is lot of inaccurate information about auto insurance out there, but you can learn some good information on how to lower your auto insurance rates.
How to lower your insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that are used to determine insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings. Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Where you reside plays a part – Living in a rural area may provide you with better prices when buying insurance coverage. People in densly populated areas regularly have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Less people means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Older drivers save more – Teen drivers have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance coverage rates. Parents adding a youthful driver onto your insurance coverage can cause a big jump in price. Older people are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Annual mileage and car insurance costs – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies calculate rates based on their usage. Cars that are left in the garage cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An incorrectly rated Ram Pickup 1500 may be wasting your money. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance coverage coverage correctly shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Having a good credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit. If your credit history could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2016 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 by repairing your credit.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you.
- Cheaper rates by consolidating – Some companies give a discount to people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s always a smart idea to compare other insurance prices to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can save more without the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
How to buy auto insurance online
Finding a better price on auto insurance isn’t really that difficult. All that’s required is to take the time comparing rates to discover which company has low cost insurance coverage quotes. This is very easy and can be done by using one of the methods below.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get quotes is to use a rate comparison form. This style of form keeps you from doing separate forms for each price estimate. One form will get you price quotes from auto insurance companies with the best prices. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A more time consuming way to get quotes online is to take the time to go to each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For example, we’ll assume you want to see prices from Auto-Owners, GEICO and Liberty Mutual. To do that, you would have to spend time going to each site individually and repeatedly type in your coverage information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
- The final method to comparison shop rate quotes is driving to different agent offices. Shopping for auto insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the professional assistance of a local agent. Although, it is possible get prices online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
Compare rates however you want, just make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverage limits on every quote. If your comparisons have different data you will not be able to make a fair comparison for your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500.
Insurance discounts are available to reduce your rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- First Accident Forgiveness – but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% for Ram pickup coverage with a few insurance companies.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because it shows financial diligence.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Large insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA discounts include pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-car, good driver, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, distant student, youthful driver, teen driver, and pay in full.
- GEICO includes discounts for defensive driver, membership and employees, air bags, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
- Esurance offers discounts for renters, online shopper, good student, DriveSense, homeowner, multi-car, and good driver.
- SAFECO offers discounts including homeowner, safe driver, anti-theft, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, good driver, multiple policy, driver’s education, good student, multiple autos, and student away at school.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply everywhere. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer insurance discounts, enter your zip code here.
Everyone needs different insurance coverage coverages
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2016 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and enter your zip code. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance policy specifics
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 2016 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Ram Pickup 1500 resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Auto liability insurance
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims like pain and suffering, legal defense fees and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills like chiropractic care, nursing services, hospital visits and pain medications. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage, a broken windshield and vandalism. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Keep this in mind
Discount 2016 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance can be found both online and with local insurance agents, so you need to shop insurance coverage with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
We just showed you many ways to get a better price on 2016 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
More tips and info about car insurance is available in the articles below:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,301|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,490|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$102|
|5-yr Claim Free||$93|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$62|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.