Cheapest 2017 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 24, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have a choice when trying to find the best price on Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to buy insurance coverage and you need to know the quickest way to price shop coverage on a Dodge and find the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
Free insurance coverage quotes
Getting a cheaper price on 2017 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance is an easy way to save money. All that’s required is to invest a few minutes to get quotes online from several insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The most recommended method to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form. This form eliminates the need for separate forms to each individual insurance coverage company. One form submission gets prices estimates from multiple low-cost companies. Just one form and you’re done.
- Another way to get comparison quotes is to take the time to go to the website for each individual company to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from Farmers, Liberty Mutual and Progressive. To do that, you would have to navigate to each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.
- The old school way to find cheaper rates is going to each insurance agency near you. Comparing online rate quotes has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the advice and guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. Although you can price shop your coverage online and get advice from an agent in your area.
It’s up to you which method you use, but be sure to compare equivalent deductibles and coverage limits on every quote you get. If you use higher or lower deductibles it will be next to impossible to determine which company has the best rates.
Lower rate quotes with these discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked about before being credited. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your insurance quote.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a defensive driving class could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Multiple Cars – Having multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Larger car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may include discounts for driver’s education, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and accident-free.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including mySafetyValet, early bird, Steer into Savings, air bags, and defensive driver.
- AAA offers discounts including education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-car, pay-in-full, good student, and good driver.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, multi-policy, air bags, driver training, anti-theft, daytime running lights, and membership and employees.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for low natural disaster claims, multi-car, annual mileage, ease of repair, multi-policy, type of vehicle, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for early shopping, business and professional, good student, homeowner, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies everywhere. For a list of companies that offer some of these discounts, enter your zip code here.
Insurance coverage can be complex
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete your zip code. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills like rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices and ambulance fees. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability coverage protects against things such as attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as fire damage, theft and falling objects. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Have money to burn
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for 2017 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the best car insurance rates are with a small local company.
More affordable insurance is possible both online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area