Cheapest 2020 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did budget coverage turn out to be an overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are many consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance.
Consumers have multiple insurers to pick from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to compare company pricing.
You should take the time to do rate comparisons yearly since rates are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Ram pickup coverage a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding auto insurance out there, but in this article, you’re going to get some solid techniques on how to find affordable auto insurance.
Finding the best rates is not that difficult. Just about everyone who is shopping for insurance will most likely be able to save money. Nevertheless, vehicle owners must learn how companies price insurance differently because it can help you find the best coverage.
The best way to get policy rate comparisons utilizes the fact most insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide details such as if you have an active license, how old drivers are, marital status, and the make and model of your vehicles. The data is sent automatically to multiple car insurance providers and they return quotes with very little delay.
Tricks in auto insurance advertising
Auto insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. They all say the same thing of big savings if you get a free insurance quote and switch your auto insurance coverage to their company. But how can every company say the same thing? This is the way they can do it.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that will be a good risk. A good example of a profitable insured might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and has excellent credit. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and most likely will save when switching.
Potential customers who fall outside these standards may be required to pay higher prices with the end result being the customer not buying. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “drivers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much when switching. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make those claims. This really drives home the point why it’s extremely important to compare many company’s prices. It is impossible to guess which insurance companies will have the best premium rates for your profile.
Informed consumers can cut insurance costs
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but others are less apparent such as your credit history or your commute time.Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could result in better insurance rates.
- Is you employer costing you more? – Careers such as fire fightersairline pilots and medical professionals tend to have higher premium rates attributed to intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. Other careers such as scientists, students and homemakers pay the least on Ram pickup coverage.
- You might get higher costs if you are single – Having a spouse actually saves money on insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Accidents cost more than a fine – Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Even a single ticket can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Higher rates for coverage lapses – Driving any period of time without insurance is against the law and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, or theft. Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive on Ram pickup coverage.
- Annual mileage impacts premiums – Driving a lot of miles every year the higher your rate. A lot of companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Ram Pickup 1500 may be costing you. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy states the right rating data.
- Only buy what you need – There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying insurance. Coverages like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Premiums drop with age – Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents and are safer drivers.Teenage drivers have been known to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates.
Do you qualify for discount car insurance?
Some insurers do not list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious car insurance savings.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote insurance on Ram pickup coverage with some car insurance companies.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a small discount on rates on Ram pickup coverage.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow driving data submission to analyze their driving habits remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Driver Education Discount – Have your child sucessfully take a drivers education course as it can save substantially.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies and some of the discounts are:
- 21st Century discounts include automatic seat belts, teen driver, driver training, defensive driver, 55 and older, and air bags.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, and online signing.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, multiple policy, good driver, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for multi-policy, family plan, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, and anti-theft.
- Esurance has discounts for renters, good driver, online quote, paid-in-full, and multi-car.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for air bag, anti-theft, defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply in your area. To locate insurance companies with significant discounts, enter your zip code here.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- What are the best liability limits?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete your zip code.
Car insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses for rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care, X-ray expenses, hospital visits and doctor visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical services, pain and suffering, legal defense fees, court costs and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
This covers damage to your Ram Pickup 1500 resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from flooding, hitting a bird and fire damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Shop around and save
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your 2020 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheap insurance. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Budget-conscious 2020 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance is attainable from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so get free insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find affordable auto insurance rates for my 2020 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500?
Compare quotes online from multiple car insurance providers.
Why do auto insurance companies advertise big savings and free quotes?
They have preferred customer profiles, but comparing quotes helps find the best rates.
What factors impact auto insurance premiums?
Factors include driving records, credit history, and commute time.
What discounts are available for car insurance?
Discounts vary, such as safe driver, multi-policy, and good student discounts.
What are some typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies?
Med Pay, liability, collision, uninsured/underinsured, and comprehensive.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area