2019 Dodge Ram Pickup Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Dodge Ram are $1,498 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $332 each year, collision insurance costs $536, and liability insurance costs $450. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $518 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $3,220. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,574 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,498
Rate estimates for 2019 Dodge Ram Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Dodge Ram models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range range from as low as $518 for only liability insurance to a high rate of $3,220 for a high risk driver.
These differences demonstrate why all drivers should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than relying on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Dodge Ram Insurance
Looking for better car insurance rates for your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500? Buying more affordable car insurance on the internet may be impossible for people who are new to buying their car insurance online. Because there are so many online companies, how can people efficiently compare all the different companies and get the best available price?
Finding the best rates is not rocket science. Essentially every driver who buys insurance will be able to lower their premiums. But car owners do need to understand the way companies determine prices.
Buy auto insurance online
Effectively comparing auto insurance prices can be challenging if you don’t understand the most efficient way to do it. You can waste a lot of time talking about coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use the web to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Most of the larger companies enroll in a system where insurance shoppers submit one quote, and every company returns a competitive quote for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests to each individual auto insurance company.
To participate in this free quote system, enter your zip code here.
The only downside to using this type of form is you can’t choose which carriers you will receive quotes from. If you prefer to choose individual companies for rate comparison, we have a page of auto insurance companies in your area. Click to enter zip code.
Whichever way you use, make absolute certain that you use equivalent information for every quote you compare. If the quotes have higher or lower deductibles it will be next to impossible to truly determine the lowest rate. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits may cause a big price difference. It’s important to know that comparing a wide range of rates increases your odds of finding a better price. Not every company does online quotes, so it’s important to also get price estimates from them, too.
Insurance discounts help slash rates
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize every disount available very well, so here is a list some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- College Student – Any of your kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of larger companies will give you a small discount for signing up online.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The best insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers discounts for online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- SAFECO discounts include bundle discounts, multi-car, safe driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and teen safety rewards.
- American Family may offer discounts for accident-free, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, good student, good driver, and air bags.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, membership and employees, air bags, daytime running lights, seat belt use, and good student.
- The Hartford has savings for bundle, driver training, anti-theft, good student, and air bag.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in your area.
Which is the best car insurance?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- If my 2019 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete your zip code.
Why your insurance prices might be higher
Multiple criteria are used when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although some other factors are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- impact premiums – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent auto theft.
- Vehicles with better crash test results means lower auto insurance rates – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
- Use one insurance company and save – Most companies provide discounts for people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still find better rates even if you insure with multiple companies
- Do you have enough liability insurance? – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage when you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Coverage deductibles are a factor – Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered are a broken side mirror, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive for Ram pickup insurance.
Save $487 a year! What?
State Farm and Allstate seem to constantly run ads in print and on television. They all have a common claim that drivers will save a bundle just by moving your policy. Is it even possible that every company can offer you a better deal? This is the way they can do it.
Auto insurance companies quote their best rates for the type of driver that earns them the most money. An example of this type of risk profile might be over age 30, has no prior claims, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest car insurance rates and will most likely save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to these standards will probably have to pay a higher premium which leads to the prospect going elsewhere. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. This is how companies can make it sound like they have such great car insurance rates. Each company has different criteria, so drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. It’s not possible to predict which auto insurance company will give you lower rates than your current company.
Insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses such as ambulance fees, prosthetic devices and funeral costs. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims such as legal defense fees, loss of income, structural damage and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays for damage to your Ram Pickup 1500 resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as rolling your car, scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a bird, fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Quote more, save more
We just presented some good ideas how to get a better price on 2019 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheaper auto insurance. You may even find the lowest rates come from the least-expected company.
Lower-priced 2019 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance can be found on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal and policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,367|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,562|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$107|
|5-yr Claim Free||$95|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$66|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.