1991 Dodge Ram 50 Pickup Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 14, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Purchasing the most affordable car insurance online is impossible for consumers new to shopping for insurance online. With a ridiculous number of insurers available, how can you possibly compare every one to find the lowest price?
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year because insurance rates change quite often. Just because you found the best deal for Ram 50 pickup coverage a few years ago a different company probably has better rates today. There is a lot of bad information regarding car insurance online but we’re going to give you a bunch of ideas how to slash your car insurance rates.
Dodge Ram 50 Pickup rates are in the details
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate premiums.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – The majority of insurance companies give discounts to customers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent car theft.
- Where you live can impact rates – Choosing to live in a small town can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Credit score is a huge factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1991 Dodge Ram 50 Pickup by improving your credit score. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can buy when buying auto insurance. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Car insurance companies give discounts to insureds who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Being married can save on auto insurance – Getting married helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. Marriage means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Finding Car Insurance
When shopping for car insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rates and find the best price. The quickest method to find the cheapest 1991 Dodge Ram 50 Pickup insurance rates consists of shopping online. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
The easiest and least time consuming way to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This form eliminates the need for boring form submissions for each company. Taking the time to complete one form will return price quotes from many national carriers. It’s the fastest way to compare.
A different way to find lower rates is to take the time to go to each company website to complete a price quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Liberty Mutual, Esurance and Travelers. To find out each rate you need to visit each site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
Whichever way you use, make darn sure you compare the exact same coverage limits on every quote. If each company quotes unequal deductibles or liability limits then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best. Having just a slight variation in limits may result in a large different in cost. Keep in mind that more quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make an identical promise about savings after switching your policy. How do they all make almost identical claims?
All the different companies can use profiling for the type of customer they prefer to insure. An example of a profitable customer might be over the age of 50, a clean driving record, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters will get very good rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who are not a match for the requirements must pay higher prices which usually ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the savings.
This illustrates why you should compare many company’s rates. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Dodge Ram 50 Pickup insurance rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Save on Dodge Ram 50 Pickup insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more for Ram 50 pickup coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may trigger a insurance policy discount because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying insurance for Ram 50 pickup coverage.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts, follow this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage protection
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, crashing into a building and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Dodge Ram 50 Pickup.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things like structural damage, bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as hitting a bird, falling objects and theft. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for ambulance fees, surgery, prosthetic devices and chiropractic care. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Smart consumers save more
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price.
You just read some good ideas how you can shop for 1991 Dodge Ram 50 Pickup insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices and even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
More detailed insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area