1992 Cadillac DeVille Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 18, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Locating the cheapest insurance for a Cadillac DeVille could be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our insurance buying tips to make it easier.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online so you’re going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for your Cadillac and obtain the cheapest rates.
You should take the time to price shop coverage quite often since rates change frequently. Just because you had the lowest rates on DeVille insurance a few years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the cheapest insurance coverage is not that difficult. Vehicle owners just need to learn the proper way to compare prices on the web.
These discounts can lower your rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but some must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies that may offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be available in your area.
Cadillac DeVille insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help determine your insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Only having one moving violation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers with flagrant tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Occupations such as doctors, executives and accountants tend to have higher rates than average attributed to high stress levels and long work hours. On the flip side, occupations such as pilots, athletes and retirees receive lower rates on DeVille insurance.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are quite a few extra coverages you can purchase on your insurance policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Cadillac scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more you drive in a year the more you will pay for insurance. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Vehicles left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated DeVille can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a fast way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay more, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
Different people need different coverages
When buying proper insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 1992 Cadillac DeVille?
- If my 1992 Cadillac DeVille is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance myths debunked
Consumers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all make the same claim of big savings if you switch your policy.
But how can every company claim to save you money?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that makes them money. An example of a driver they prefer could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and drives newer vehicles. A customer who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save when switching.
Potential customers who fall outside the requirements will be charged a higher premium which leads to business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. This is how companies can advertise the savings.
That is why you absolutely need to quote coverage with many companies. It’s impossible to know which auto insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Cadillac DeVille insurance rates.
Specific coverages for a 1992 Cadillac DeVille
Knowing the specifics of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses like nursing services, EMT expenses, dental work and hospital visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Cadillac DeVille.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Most of the time these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as court costs, bail bonds, legal defense fees, loss of income and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance covers damage to your DeVille from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Do the work, save more money
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce 1992 Cadillac DeVille insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with an unexpected company.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver and even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
Cheap insurance is attainable online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area