Cheapest 1997 Toyota Avalon Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding better rates for insurance coverage is always challenging for consumers not familiar with comparing rates online. There are so many companies to choose from that it can easily become a big hassle to find the best price.
You need to compare rates at least once a year because rates fluctuate regularly. If you had the lowest price on Avalon insurance last year other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn the easiest way to find better coverage at a better price.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount very clearly, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% on Avalon insurance depending on your company.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house can help you save on insurance because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more on Avalon insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who live away from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies that may have these discounts are:
Check with each company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered in your area.
Cheap Auto Insurance Comparisons
Performing a rate comparison can be a lot of work if you aren’t aware of the best way to get rate quotes. You can spend your afternoon talking about coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use the web for quick rates.
Many companies enroll in a system where insurance shoppers only type in their quote data once, and at least one company can give them a price determined by their information. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests to each individual auto insurance company.
To submit your quote information now, click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to getting quotes like this is you are unable to specify which providers you want pricing from. If you would rather choose specific providers to compare prices, we have a listing of auto insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
However you get your quotes, make absolute certain that you use exactly the same coverage information for each price quote. If the quotes have different limits and deductibles on each one then you won’t be able to make an equal comparison. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits may result in large price differences. It’s important to know that more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best rates.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you could use an agent’s help.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 1997 Toyota Avalon?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 1997 Toyota Avalon is totaled?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Insurance coverages explained
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
This will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as emergency aid, medical services and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses like dental work, doctor visits, pain medications and chiropractic care. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Auto collision coverage
This covers damage to your Avalon from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as rock chips in glass, falling objects, hitting a deer and a broken windshield. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
A fool and his money are soon parted
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers or delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching insurance coverage companies can be less work than you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
Discount 1997 Toyota Avalon insurance can be found online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional insurance coverage information is available at these links:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area