Chevrolet Chevrolet C/K-1500-Series Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 14, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series? Are you sick and tired of scraping the payment together to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are no different than the majority of other car owners.
There is such a variety of insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to compare company pricing.
How to Compare Car Insurance Costs
All major car insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get insurance quotes directly from their websites. This process doesn’t take a lot of time as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. When complete, their rating system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price determined by many factors. Online quotes makes comparing rates easy, but having to visit multiple sites and complete many quote forms is monotonous and tiresome. But it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find better prices.
The better way to compare rates
A quicker way to get multiple rate quotes is to use a quote form that gets prices from many companies. This type of form saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes rate comparisons much easier. After sending the form, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any of the quotes that you receive.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. The whole process just takes a couple of minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To compare pricing, click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input coverages and limits identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Why your Chevy C/K 1500 Series insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get lower insurance coverage prices.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Most insurers will award you with lower prices to customers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, you may still want to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Only having one moving violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers with serious tickets like DUI or reckless driving are required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Big city or small town – Being located in a rural area has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you will pay for insurance coverage. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. If your policy improperly rates your C/K 1500 Series may be costing you. Verify your insurance coverage declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are in accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- What are your deductibles? – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Chevy from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance coverage will be on C/K Series insurance.
- Better credit means lower rates – Having a bad credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay for insurance coverage. So if your credit is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series by improving your rating. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Never go without insurance – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied when you purchase, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags can get savings up to 30%.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on C/K Series insurance than less cautious drivers.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
For a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts, click this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions can help discover whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 1998 Chevy C/K 1500 Series to commute?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
What auto insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like a broken windshield, falling objects, damage from flooding and vandalism. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your C/K 1500 Series resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Chevy C/K 1500 Series.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
This can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims like pain and suffering, medical services and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like pain medications, rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices and chiropractic care. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
A penny earned…
While you’re price shopping online, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price.
We covered a lot of information how to lower your 1998 Chevy C/K 1500 Series insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a small local company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Affordable insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area