Chevrolet Chevrolet C/K-1500-Series Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 14, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Consumers have options when looking for low-cost Chevy C/K 1500 Series insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online so you’re going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Chevy and get the lowest price.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% for C/K Series coverage depending on your company.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
A partial list of companies that may have these discounts include:
Before buying, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area.
Which Auto Insurance is Cheapest?
Getting better 1999 Chevy C/K 1500 Series auto insurance pricing is not a difficult process. You just need to take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The best way consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This type of form eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for every auto insurance company. A single form gets you price quotes from multiple companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A less efficient way to compare prices is to manually visit each individual company website to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from Progressive, Allstate and Liberty Mutual. You would have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming way of getting rate comparisons is to spend time driving to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the personal advice that only a license agent can provide. It is possible to find lower rates online and still use a local agent.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you are comparing the exact same coverage limits for each comparison quote. If the quotes have mixed coverages you will not be able to find the best deal for your Chevy C/K 1500 Series.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When buying adequate coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Information about specific coverages
Knowing the specifics of car insurance can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your C/K 1500 Series resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like dental work, prosthetic devices, pain medications and surgery. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things like structural damage, emergency aid, medical services, loss of income and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and falling objects. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Power to the consumer
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured cut full coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim or being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider is less work than it seems.
We just showed you many tips how you can save on 1999 Chevy C/K 1500 Series insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the best prices are with an unexpected company.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area