1998 Dodge Ram Pickup Insurance Rates
Average insurance rates for a 1998 Dodge Ram are $940 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs on average $142 a year, collision costs $154, and liability costs $474. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $532 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $2,010 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $3,864 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $940
Rate estimates for 1998 Dodge Ram Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 1998 Dodge Ram models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range go from as low as $532 for just liability insurance to a high of $2,010 for high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why it is important for drivers to compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Companies will appear below. Click here to view full page.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 1998 Dodge Ram Insurance
Shoppers have options when shopping for low-cost Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to find car insurance online and we’ll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage for your Dodge and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage before your policy renews since insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you found the best rates on Ram pickup insurance a year ago you can probably find a better price now. Starting right now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the things you must know in order to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Buying car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. Consumers only need an understanding of the best way to buy car insurance online.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the fact most insurance companies have advanced systems to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information like if you require a SR-22, whether you have decent credit, whether you are single or married, and how your vehicles are used. Those rating factors is instantly sent to all major companies and they return quotes quickly.
Recommended Companies for the Best Insurance Rates
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on insurance on Ram pickup insurance.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off on Ram pickup insurance with select insurance companies.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies that possibly offer these benefits are:
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not be available in every state.
Why your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates enables informed choices that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Never go without insurance – Not having insurance is against the law and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
- How credit affects auto insurance rates – Credit history is a huge factor in determining your rates. If your credit history is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your 1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 by repairing your credit. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Liability coverage will protect you when a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Save money with special equipment – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart auto theft.
- One company can mean more discounts – Many insurance companies will give a discount to people who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- What is the ISO rating for a 1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses like funeral costs, X-ray expenses, hospital visits and chiropractic care. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical services, repair costs for stationary objects and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like vandalism, falling objects and theft. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This will pay to fix damage to your Ram Pickup 1500 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your 1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Be a penny pincher
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on 1998 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the smaller companies.
While you’re price shopping online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund or high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be pretty painless.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
Find the Cheapest Quotes in Your Area
Get multiple rate quotes instantly and find your cheapest rate
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,836|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,584|
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$53|
|5-yr Claim Free||$57|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$31|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.