LTI LTI Altima Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better 1999 Nissan Altima Insurance rates? Finding cheap auto insurance on the internet can be somewhat difficult for beginners to compare rates online. Because there are so many insurers to choose from, how can consumers effectively compare them all to find the cheapest available price?
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews since rates tend to go up over time. If you had the best value of 1999 Nissan Altima insurance six months ago, there is a good chance you can find better rates now. So just ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in one of the easiest ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
How to Get Insurance Coverage Comparison Quotes
There are a couple of different ways of comparing rate quotes from local insurance coverage companies. The simplest method to find competitive 1999 Nissan Altima insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This is very easy and can be done using a couple of different methods.
- A harder way to compare rate quotes requires visiting the website for every company you want to compare to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Nationwide, Esurance and Travelers. To get each rate, you have to visit each site to input your insurance information.
- The least efficient method of getting rate comparisons is driving around to different agent offices. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the professional guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. You can, however, compare online quotes but buy from a local insurance agent, and we’ll touch on that later.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to compare the exact same coverage limits with every price quote. If you are comparing higher or lower deductibles, it will be next to impossible to make a fair comparison of your Nissan Altima. Just a small difference in insurance coverage can result in a big premium difference. And when comparing insurance coverage rates, know that having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting a lower rate.
Get lower rates on 1999 Nissan Altima insurance
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts very well, so we researched some of the best known and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home can help you save on insurance because having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a driver’s safety course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month, you may reduce your total bill.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your costs by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% for Altima insurance depending on your company.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverage like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
1999 Nissan Altima insurance rates are complex
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that will entitle you to big savings.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Even one ticket can increase rates by twenty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. If you have dangerous violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit-and-run convictions, you may find you need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to your state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Your age impacts your rates – Young drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle, so they pay higher insurance coverage rates. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Sex matters – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women cause accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species causes more damage and costs insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more costly citations, such as DUI and reckless driving.
- Where you reside plays a part – Residing in less populated areas can be a good thing when buying insurance coverage. Drivers in populated areas have much more traffic and longer commute times. A lower population means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Allowing your insurance coverage policy to lapse will be a quick way to bump up your insurance coverage costs. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Occupations like lawyers, social workers and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates because of high stress levels and lengthy work days. Other occupations like scientists, historians and retirees have the lowest average rates for Altima insurance.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions that may help highlight whether you will benefit from professional help.
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Is my 1999 Nissan Altima covered with smoke damage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- I have a DUI. Can I still get coverage?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payment’s coverage?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Car insurance providers like State Farm and Allstate continually stream ads on television and other media. They all make the same claim of big savings after switching to their company. How do they all make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer they prefer to insure. An example of a driver they prefer could be between 25 and 40, has no driving citations, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don’t meet these standards will be quoted a more expensive rate and this can result in the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That’s why companies can truthfully make those claims. This emphasizes why it is so important to compare as many rates as you can. You cannot predict which insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Nissan Altima insurance.
Auto insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverage you need and the proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical expense insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payment’s coverage reimburse you for expenses such as surgery, nursing services, dental work and doctor visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverage not offered by medical payment’s coverage.
Liability auto insurance – Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 100/300/100. That means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses, pain and suffering, emergency aid and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but its cheap coverage, so purchase as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like falling objects, hitting a bird, theft, vandalism and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision coverages – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies, then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it for lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
A penny saved is a penny earned on 1999 Nissan Altima insurance
When trying to cut insurance costs, Do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheap 1999 Nissan Altima insurance can be bought online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and most of the time, these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons, such as delays in paying claims, policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions and being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area