2000 Audi S4 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2000 Audi S4 are $902 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive insurance costs around $166, collision costs $224, and liability costs $376. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $426 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $1,932 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $3,542 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $902
Rate estimates for 2000 Audi S4 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2000 Audi S4 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $426 for a discount liability-only rate to a much higher rate of $1,932 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences illustrate why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare rates for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2000 Audi S4 Insurance
Scraping up a payment for overpriced Audi S4 insurance can dwindle your savings account and make it hard to pay other bills. Shopping your coverage around is a smart way to make sure you’re not throwing money away. You have multiple auto insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to get the best deal.
Consumers need to price shop coverage on a regular basis because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best deal on S4 insurance a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to find out the things you must know in order to buy cheaper insurance coverage.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not that difficult. If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to save some money using these methods. Drivers only need an understanding of the best way to shop their coverage around online.
Auto Insurance Prices Online
There are a lot of ways you can shop for auto insurance and some are more efficient than others. You can spend your afternoon talking to agents in your area, or you could use the web to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Most of the larger companies belong to an insurance system that enables customers to submit their information once, and each company can give them a price for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions for each company you want a rate for. To enter your information into the quoting system, click here to open in new window.
The one downside to comparing rates this way is you can’t choose which insurance companies to get quotes from. If you prefer to choose specific providers to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of companies who write auto insurance in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make absolute certain that you use exactly the same coverage information on every quote. If you have mixed coverages you can’t possibly make an equal comparison.
Save $408 a year. For real?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies make the same claim of big savings if you change to them.
How does each company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a desirable insured could be over the age of 40, is a homeowner, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher premiums which leads to the customer not buying. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can make the claims of big savings. This emphasizes why you absolutely need to compare as many rates as you can. Because you never know which car insurance company will have the lowest Audi S4 insurance rates.
Audi S4 rates are complex
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower insurance coverage prices.
Shown below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate prices.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a spouse actually saves money on your insurance coverage policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Credit score is a important factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit rating is low, you could pay less to insure your 2000 Audi S4 by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Small claims can cost you – Insurance companies give discounts to people who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
- How’s your driving record? – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Only having one moving violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers with serious tickets like DUI or reckless driving are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Occupations like doctors, business owners and accountants are shown to have higher rates than average in part from stressful work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, professions such as pilots, athletes and the unemployed pay the least on S4 insurance.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Audi S4 is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in a small town can save you money when it comes to insurance coverage. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. More time on the road means more change of being in an accident.
Cut your premium with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can save you money because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount on S4 insurance with select insurance companies.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Audi can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurance companies offering insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions may help highlight whether you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2000 Audi S4 is worth?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Does my 2000 Audi S4 need full coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverage types available from car insurance companies.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Audi S4.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills such as funeral costs, ambulance fees, dental work, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as fire damage, falling objects and hitting a deer. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverages – This coverage covers damage to your S4 resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability coverages – Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as structural damage, medical expenses and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
In any little way, save everyday
When you buy insurance online, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.
The cheapest 2000 Audi S4 insurance can be purchased on the web in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies do not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,422|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,542|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$57|
|5-yr Claim Free||$56|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$34|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.