2000 GMC Envoy Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 20, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower insurance rates for your GMC Envoy? Have you fallen victim to high-priced insurance? Believe me when I say there are many consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance. Numerous car insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to find the absolute lowest rate
It is always a good idea to compare rates on a regular basis since rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best deal for Envoy insurance last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. So just block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re going to learn one of the quickest ways to find lower rates on insurance.
Factors that can influence GMC Envoy insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the factors that factor into prices.
- More people means more accidents – Residing in a small town is a positive aspect when it comes to car insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Companies generally give cheaper rates to drivers who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your GMC Envoy earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings. So if your credit rating is low, you could be paying less to insure your 2000 GMC Envoy by improving your rating.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. They both are in accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The more miles you rack up on your GMC each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Incorrect usage on your Envoy may be wasting your money.
- With age comes lower rates – Youthful drivers are known to get distracted easily in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are many additional coverages that you can buy on your 2000 Envoy policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and membership fees are some examples. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
Where Can I Get Cheap Car Insurance?
There are several ways to compare GMC Envoy car insurance quotes, but there is one way that is more efficient than others. You can waste hours discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you could use online quotes to quickly compare rates.
Most of the best insurance companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers complete one form, and each participating company can provide price quotes determined by their information. This eliminates the need for form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here (opens in new window).
The one disadvantage to comparing rates this way is you cannot specify the companies to get quotes from. So if you prefer to choose specific providers to compare, we have assembled a list of car insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare the exact same quote information for every company. If you have differing limits it’s not possible to truly determine the lowest rate.
Is there deception in advertising?
Drivers constantly see and hear ads for car insurance savings by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads have a common claim of big savings after switching to them.
But how can every company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
All the different companies can use profiling for the right customer they prefer to insure. An example of a driver they prefer might be between the ages of 30 and 50, owns a home, and chooses high deductibles. A customer who fits that profile receives the best rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who don’t meet these standards will be quoted a more expensive rate and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ads state “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. This emphasizes why you absolutely need to compare many company’s rates. You cannot predict the company that will fit your personal profile best.
These discounts can slash car insurance rates
Companies don’t necessarily list every discount very well, so we break down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance for Envoy insurance.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% for Envoy insurance with select insurance companies.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies that may offer some of the above discounts are:
Check with every prospective company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When choosing the best car insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the usual coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a bird, theft and vandalism. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for EMT expenses, dental work, hospital visits, pain medications and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance – This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses, legal defense fees and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Collision – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Envoy resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your GMC Envoy.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Don’t break the bank
Affordable 2000 GMC Envoy insurance is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to compare insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area