Cheapest 2000 Lincoln Navigator Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 27, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Perplexed by the wide range of insurance coverage company choices? Lot’s of other consumers are too. Drivers have so many options available that it can be a real challenge to find better rates. Not to mention there are so many pieces of information that an insurance company will use to calculate prices.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance rates change frequently. Just because you had the best price for your 2000 Lincoln Navigator insurance policy a couple years back doesn’t mean that’s still the case.
Why? The value of a 2000 Lincoln Navigator will have changed in those years, and value is one of the factors that an insurance company will use when determining the cost of insurance.
If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using the techniques we’ll cover in this article. Locating affordable coverage should not have you feeling overwhelmed or stressed, but sometimes it can feel that way. A great way to feel confident with what you’re paying for insurance is to know about your options, and how to shop around.
The easiest way to get policy rate comparisons is to take advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers have advanced systems to give you rate quotes. As mentioned above, you’ll only need to provide some information in order to receive a quote, such as the type of vehicle you drive, any included safety features with your vehicle, whether you are single or married, how much school you’ve completed, and how your vehicles are used. Your information is automatically sent to insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes instantly.
Want to compare auto insurance companies to find the best rates? Just enter your ZIP code into our free comparison tool to get started.
What discounts can help you save money on your auto insurance?
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Homeowner discount – Simply owning a home can save you money because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Paperless discount – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy online.
- Good student discount – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Organization discounts – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when buying auto insurance for Navigator insurance.
- Military discount – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Defensive driver discount – Taking a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Accident forgiveness discount – A few companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Bundling discounts – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy policies such as auto and life insurance together.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will cut the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies that may offer these discounts include:
- The Hartford
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in every state.
Why does insurance coverage vary depending on the driver?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s. For example, if you and your sibling both own the same vehicle, you may not pay the same price. Take the value of a 2000 Lincoln Navigator for this example. You may keep yours in your garage when not in use, there may not be any rust on the frame, but you’ve gotten into an accident before. Your sibling owns the same make and model, it’s just in worse condition, but they’ve never been in an accident. You both may pay different rates despite owning the same vehicle because your situations aren’t the same.
Each driver will have varying circumstances, and that’s why rates aren’t similar across the board. Depending on your personal situation, here are some questions to consider asking an agent if you need further assistance:
- Is my teenager covered with their friends in the car?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent.
Factors That Might Impact Rates for a Lincoln Navigator
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining your car insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get big savings.
- Marital status – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Credit score – Credit score is a important factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Therefore, if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2000 Lincoln Navigator by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit.
- Type of vehicle – The type of vehicle you own will pay a major role in not only what you’ll pay for insurance, but what types of coverages you’ll need as well. Each car insurance company will have their own rules for how much coverage you’ll need depending on the type of vehicle you drive, how often it’s on the road, and where you store it. This is why we mentioned that the value of a 2000 Lincoln Navigator can impact what you pay for coverage.
- Location – Being located in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when it comes to car insurance. Lower population means fewer accidents. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Someone living in St. Paul Minnesota may spend much more than a person living in a smaller town inside the same state. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
- Gender – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. This doesn’t mean men are worse drivers than women. Both sexes are in accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. However, gender is currently no longer being used in some states to determine car insurance rates.
- Multi-policy rates – Most car insurance companies give discounts to customers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Deductibles – The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and burglary. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Navigator insurance.
Types of Coverage Available
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This coverage will pay to fix damage other than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage can pay for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage and a broken windshield. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Lincoln Navigator.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Personal Injury Protection
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills such as EMT expenses, pain medications and surgery. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible.
Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims like court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services, emergency aid and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Navigator resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pothole and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Why should you compare car insurance rates?
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium and even not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
Cost effective 2000 Lincoln Navigator insurance is available both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies do not provide online quoting and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips on how you can get a better price on insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area