Cheapest 2001 Audi A4 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding lower premiums on insurance coverage is nearly impossible for people who are new to buying insurance online. There are so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a real hassle to compare prices.
You should make it a habit to compare rates at least once a year due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best price for A4 coverage a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding insurance coverage online, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn some great ideas on how to put money back in your pocket.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to save some money using these techniques. Pricing the best insurance coverage coverage is not that difficult. Nevertheless, consumers must comprehend the way insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
Comparison of Car Insurance
Performing a rate comparison can be a daunting task if you don’t understand the most efficient way. You can spend your afternoon driving to insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting to get pricing more quickly.
The majority of car insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that allows shoppers to only type in their quote data once, and each participating company provides a quote based on that data. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests to every company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click to open in new window.
One minor caviat to comparing rates this way is you don’t know exactly the providers to receive prices from. So if you prefer to choose from a list of companies to compare prices, we put together a list of companies who write car insurance in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just be sure to compare apples-to-apples quote information on every quote. If you use different limits and deductibles on each one it’s impossible to make a fair comparison for your Audi A4. Having just a slight variation in coverages may cause a big price difference. And when comparison shopping, getting more free quotes helps you find the best price.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for an Audi A4
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Some insurance companies provide better rates to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, you still need to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying on your A4 policy. Insurance for roadside assistance, accidental death and motor club memberships are examples of these. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies award lower rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability coverage provides coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Discounts mean cheaper Audi A4 insurance rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle on the same insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Audi can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for signing up before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Sign Online – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy online.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as compared to bad drivers.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
Companies that may have these discounts include:
Double check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply in every state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2001 Audi A4?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Auto insurance specifics
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses such as nursing services, X-ray expenses, chiropractic care and dental work. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed, vandalism and falling objects. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Audi A4.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability coverage – This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims such as legal defense fees, emergency aid and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your A4 resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
At the end of the day…
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce 2001 Audi A4 insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best prices are with a small local company.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation or even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance coverage company can be easier than you think.
Much more information about insurance coverage can be found below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area