2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 2, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan are $852 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $126, collision costs $126, and liability costs around $442. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $496 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $1,822. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $3,526 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $852
Rate estimates for 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range go from as low as $496 for a discount liability-only rate to a much higher rate of $1,822 for high-risk insurance.
These differences show why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare prices based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
Want lower auto insurance rates for your Dodge Grand Caravan? Are you a victim of high-priced auto insurance? Trust us when we tell you there are many people just like you. Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings, bombarding you with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to ignore the flashy ads and find the best price available.
You should make it a habit to shop coverage around at least once a year because prices are constantly changing. If you had the lowest rates for Grand Caravan insurance a couple years back there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding auto insurance online, so with this article, you’re going to get the easiest ways to reduce your auto insurance bill.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Finding affordable coverage is quite easy. Drivers just need to learn the proper way to compare company rates online.
Cut prices on 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan insurance
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all available discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Resident Student – Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of companies with discount insurance rates, click here.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
Getting better 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan insurance pricing is not a difficult process. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes comparing price quotes online with multiple companies. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- Probably the best way consumers can analyze rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do multiple quote forms for each company. Filling out one form gets you coverage quotes from several companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to get quotes online requires you to visit the website for every company you want to comare and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from USAA, 21st Century and GEICO. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
Whichever method you choose, make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples coverages on every quote. If you have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be very difficult to make a fair comparison for your Dodge Grand Caravan.
Dodge Grand Caravan insurance rates can be determined by these details
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are some of the items that factor into prices.
- Sex matters – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. They both tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Big city or small town – Being located in less populated areas is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer people means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a guaranteed way to bump up your insurance costs. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- More miles equals more premium – Driving more miles each year the higher your rate. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. If your policy improperly rates your Grand Caravan can cost quite a bit.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability coverage will protect you if a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan to commute?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Is my 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan covered for smoke damage?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Medical expense coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses such as funeral costs, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses and hospital visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield and damage from flooding. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your Grand Caravan caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like attorney fees, medical expenses, structural damage and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Have the Midas touch
Cheap 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,350|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,458|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$47|
|5-yr Claim Free||$52|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$27|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.