Cheapest 2001 Lexus IS 300 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 15, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Lexus IS 300? Finding lower premiums on auto insurance is always difficult for beginners to buying insurance online. People have so many choices that it can be a real challenge to compare prices.
The easiest way to compare car insurance company rates is to know the fact car insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including your general credit rating, how much coverage you want, how old drivers are, and if you lease or own. Your details is instantly sent to many highly-rated insurers and they respond with quotes instantly to find the best rate.
Save $440 a year? Really?
Car insurance providers like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads in print and on television. They all make the same claim that you’ll save big after switching to their company. How can each company claim to save you money?
Different companies can use profiling for the driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a desirable insured could possibly be between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and has great credit. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will be quoted more money which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings. This emphasizes why drivers must quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings on Lexus IS 300 insurance.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies allow you one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off on IS 300 insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less on IS 300 insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A partial list of companies who might offer these benefits include:
- Farm Bureau
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
Check with each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.
Everyone needs different coverages
When buying adequate coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Lexus IS 300.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits and chiropractic care. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hail damage, theft, fire damage and a broken windshield. The most your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This will cover damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things like bail bonds, funeral expenses, medical expenses, medical services and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Shop around and save
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service and denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is less work than it seems.
When you buy insurance online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured cut collision coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford.
You just learned a lot of techniques to get a better price on 2001 Lexus IS 300 insurance. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area