Cheapest 2004 Lexus IS 300 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for affordable auto insurance over the internet is problematic for consumers new to shopping for insurance online. When there are so many insurers available, how can you have a chance to compare every one to find the lowest price available?
These discounts can lower your rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount when buying car insurance on IS 300 coverage.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may trigger a car insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- College Student – Kids in college who are attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
Different people need different coverages
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- What if I total my 2004 Lexus IS 300 and owe more than it’s worth?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Car insurance providers like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on television and other media. They all make an identical promise about savings after switching to them. How can each company claim to save you money?
All companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that makes them money. For instance, a preferred risk might be between the ages of 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and has great credit. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who do not match these standards will be quoted higher rates and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. This is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings.
This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to get quotes from several different companies. Because you never know which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Lexus IS 300 insurance rates.
Specific coverages for a 2004 Lexus IS 300
Having a good grasp of insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Lexus IS 300.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like falling objects, fire damage, theft and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims like legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, hospital visits, chiropractic care and surgery. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This will pay to fix damage to your IS 300 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
A tidy conclusion
Discount 2004 Lexus IS 300 insurance is available online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund or being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is easier than you think.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can reduce insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with the least-expected company.
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area