How Much Does 2005 Lexus IS 300 Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance rates for your Lexus IS 300? No one in their right mind looks forward to paying for insurance, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof. Companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate promote their brand names with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and find the best price available.
Consumers need to compare prices occasionally because rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best rates for IS 300 coverage on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the things you must know in order to get good coverage at a lower rate.
If you have a current insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. Vehicle owners just need to understand how to get comparison quotes over the internet.
What discounts are available to cut your rates?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all available discounts for your Lexus model very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements with superior quality performance safety devices.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
Check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered in every state.
Can you compare insurance prices online?
Getting a cheaper price on 2005 Lexus IS 300 insurance is a fairly straightforward process. All you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rates from different insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This type of form keeps you from doing separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. One form submission will return quotes from all major companies.
- A more time-consuming way to find lower rates consists of going to the website of each company to complete a price quote. For example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Allstate, Progressive and American Family. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least efficient method of getting rate comparisons is to spend your day driving to local insurance agencies. Shopping for insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the personal advice of a local agent. You can, however, compare online quotes but buy from a local insurance agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make darn sure you compare exactly the same coverage information with every price quote. If each company quotes unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s impossible to make a fair comparison for your Lexus IS 300.
What type of coverage do you need?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2005 Lexus IS 300?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Is my trailer covered?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything, and can help protect your family.
What auto insurance policy specifics do you need to know?
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Lexus IS 300.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as chiropractic care, surgery, rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, and X-ray expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as emergency aid, legal defense fees and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from flooding, falling objects, a broken windshield and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or another vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
How can you get quotes to lower your rates?
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Affordable 2005 Lexus IS 300 insurance is attainable both online and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional car insurance information can be found at these links:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area