Cheapest 2001 Subaru Legacy Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 7, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower car insurance rates for your Subaru Legacy? Are you confused by the number of car insurance choices? Lot’s of other consumers are too. Drivers have so many options available that it can quickly become a ton of work to find the lowest price.
You need to do rate comparisons once or twice a year because prices change quite often. Just because you had the lowest price on Legacy coverage on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Don’t believe everything you read about car insurance online but we’re going to give you the easiest ways to reduce your car insurance bill.
The purpose of this article is to let you in on how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to save some money using this information. Although vehicle owners must comprehend the way insurance companies price insurance differently.
Free Car Insurance Quotes
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies. The simplest method to find the lowest 2001 Subaru Legacy rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
The first (and easiest) way to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This type of form prevents you from having to do boring form submissions for each company. Just one form will return quotes direct from many companies. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
A less efficient way to get quotes online requires visiting the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For examples sake, let’s say you want to compare rates from Liberty Mutual, Allstate and Progressive. You would have to visit each site to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, make absolute certain that you use exactly the same quote information with every price quote. If each company quotes differing limits it’s not possible to decipher which rate is best. Having just a slight variation in coverages can make a big difference in price. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing more company’s prices helps you find the best price.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but some must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more on Legacy coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application online.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% on Legacy coverage with select insurance companies.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will cut your premiums.
For a list of providers offering insurance coverage discounts, click this link.
Subaru Legacy insurance rates are influenced by…
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help determine your insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine premiums.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The more you drive every year the higher your rates will be. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your Legacy can cost quite a bit. Make sure your insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Driving without insurance is against the law and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Small claims can cost you – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Car insurance companies award lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Your age impacts your rates – Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving so insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a teenage driver to your policy can be quite pricey. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
Everyone needs different coverages
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things like emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
This coverage covers damage to your Legacy caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, funeral costs and nursing services. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Subaru Legacy.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Quote more, save more
When buying insurance coverage, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service, denial of a claim or questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
Budget-conscious 2001 Subaru Legacy insurance can be sourced from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer online price quotes and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area