2002 GMC Sonoma Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 5, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest auto insurance rates for your GMC Sonoma? Finding lower premiums on auto insurance can seem to be challenging for consumers new to comparing rates online. You have so many choices that it can easily become a real challenge to find the best price.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using these techniques. Pricing the lowest cost car insurance coverage can be fairly easy. But consumers should learn how big insurance companies market on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Compare Quotes for Insurance
Shopping for lower insurance rates can be a daunting task if you don’t understand the fastest way to get free quotes. You could waste a few hours discussing policy coverages with agents in your area, or you could save time and use online quotes to achieve your goal.
Most of the larger companies belong to a marketplace that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and each participating company then gives them pricing based on that information. This saves time by eliminating quotation requests for every insurance company.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here to open in new window.
The single downside to using this type of system is that consumers can’t choose which carriers you want pricing from. If you wish to select from a list of companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of the cheapest insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, double check that you are using the exact same coverages on every quote. If each company quotes higher or lower deductibles it will be impossible to make a fair comparison for your GMC Sonoma. Quoting even small variations in limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing a large number of companies provides better odds of finding the best rates.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all their discounts very well, so we took the time to find both the well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance.
- Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy on Sonoma coverage.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application online.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of insurers who offer insurance discounts, click here to view.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
These factors can influence what you pay for GMC Sonoma insurance
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining car insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
- Save money with special equipment – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- More claims means more premium – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies award cheaper rates to insureds who are claim-free. Car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Your location is important – Residing in small towns and rural areas can save you money when it comes to car insurance. City drivers regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Better credit means lower rates – Your credit score is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit history is low, you could pay less to insure your 2002 GMC Sonoma by improving your credit score.
- Higher deductibles cost less – The deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be on Sonoma coverage.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more miles you rack up on your GMC each year the more you will pay for car insurance. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your Sonoma may be costing you. Make sure your car insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and damage from flooding. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses for surgery, X-ray expenses, pain medications, doctor visits and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your GMC Sonoma.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
This will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like legal defense fees, attorney fees, bail bonds and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage on a shoestring budget
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Low-cost 2002 GMC Sonoma insurance is possible online and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium or even not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance coverage provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
More information is located at these links:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area