Cheapest 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced Mercury Grand Marquis insurance can take a big chunk out of your checking account, especially in this economy. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to tighten up your finances. Many auto insurance companies compete for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and uncover the absolute lowest cost out there.
How to Buy Car Insurance Online
Reducing your 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance rates can be quick and easy. Just spend a few minutes getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- One of the best ways to get quotes is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This form eliminates the need for separate forms for each company you want a rate for. A single form will return price quotes from multiple companies.
- A different way to obtain and compare quotes online requires a visit to each company’s website and request a quote. For example, let’s assume you want to compare Allstate, Progressive and Farmers. You would have to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you use exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits on every quote you get. If the quotes have mixed coverages it will be next to impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Mercury Grand Marquis.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When buying coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Collision – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Grand Marquis resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Mercury Grand Marquis.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from flooding, vandalism, theft and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability – This will cover damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things like bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical expenses – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like dental work, ambulance fees and doctor visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I reduce my 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance rates?
Reducing your insurance rates can be done by obtaining comparison quotes from online insurance companies. You can either use a list of links to insurance companies in your area or enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. Make sure to use the same deductibles and coverage limits for every quote to accurately compare rates.
Do I need the same coverage as everyone else?
No, when buying coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all policy. Your coverage needs should be tailored to your specific requirements. To determine the right coverages for your situation, consider factors like your personal circumstances, driving habits, and financial needs. If you’re unsure, it may be beneficial to consult with an insurance agent who can provide expert advice.
What are the common coverages found in an insurance policy for a Mercury Grand Marquis?
The usual coverages found in an insurance policy for a Mercury Grand Marquis include:
- Collision coverage: Pays for damages resulting from a collision with another vehicle or object, excluding animals.
- Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers: Protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when involved in an accident with a driver who has insufficient liability coverage.
- Comprehensive insurance: Pays for damages to your vehicle not caused by a collision, such as theft, vandalism, or falling objects.
- Liability coverage: Covers damage you cause to others or their property, excluding your own vehicle.
- Coverage for medical expenses: Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse short-term medical expenses, including dental work, ambulance fees, and doctor visits.
How much liability coverage do I need?
The amount of liability coverage you need is a personal decision. However, it is recommended to purchase as much as possible. Liability coverage consists of three different limits: bodily injury per person injured, bodily injury per accident, and property damage limit. For example, a limit of 50/100/50 means coverage of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Are personal injury protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage necessary?
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage are beneficial for covering short-term medical expenses, such as dental work, ambulance fees, and doctor visits. They can be used in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. However, their availability may vary depending on the state.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area