How Much Does 2002 Porsche Boxster Car Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower insurance coverage rates for your Porsche Boxster? Finding low-cost insurance for a new or used Porsche Boxster can normally be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to find lower rates.
There are more efficient ways to find insurance coverage online and we’ll show you the proper way to compare rates for a Porsche and locate the lowest price from both online companies and local agents.
Which Car Insurance is Cheapest?
Cutting your car insurance rates is not a difficult process. The only requirement is to take a couple of minutes comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the simplest ways to get quotes for comparison would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This easy form eliminates the need for a different quote for each company you want a rate for. One form submission will get you rate comparisons from multiple low-cost companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A harder way to find lower rates requires a trip to the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from Auto-Owners, Esurance and Allstate. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming way of getting rate comparisons is driving to local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the professional guidance of a licensed agent. Drivers can comparison shop online and still use a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you are comparing identical information for each price quote. If each company quotes different liability limits it’s not possible to make an equal comparison.
Impacting insurance rates for a Porsche Boxster
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a guaranteed way to pay more for auto insurance. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Careers like lawyers, executives and dentists have the highest average rates attributed to high stress levels and long work hours. Other professions such as scientists, historians and retirees get better rates for Boxster coverage.
- Mature drivers pay less – Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and get fewer tickets. Young drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Small claims can cost you – If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance companies award discounts to drivers who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be specifically requested before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums for Boxster coverage.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying insurance for Boxster coverage.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates, click this link.
Do I need special coverages?
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as rock chips in glass, a broken windshield and hail damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical expense insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses such as X-ray expenses, surgery and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability – Liability insurance protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims like court costs, structural damage and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Usually the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision – This will pay to fix damage to your Boxster caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like backing into a parked car, hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Quote often and quote early
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to shop for 2002 Porsche Boxster insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from the smaller companies.
More information can be found on the following sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area