Cheapest 2003 GMC Envoy XL Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper insurance coverage rates for your GMC Envoy XL? I can’t think of anyone who looks forward to buying insurance coverage, especially knowing their premiums are too high. Many car insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and uncover the absolute lowest cost out there.
Consumers need to compare rates occasionally because insurance rates tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the lowest rates for Envoy XL insurance a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about insurance coverage on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some of the best ways to buy insurance coverage cheaper.
If you have a current insurance policy or need new coverage, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers just need to understand the proper methods to find the lowest price over the internet.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount up to 10% for Envoy XL insurance.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Envoy XL insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% for Envoy XL insurance with select insurance companies.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your premiums.
A partial list of companies that may have these discounts are:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not apply everywhere.
Pieces of the GMC Envoy XL insurance rate puzzle
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Understanding what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine rates.
- Mature drivers pay less – Youthful drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Parents adding a youthful driver to your car insurance policy can break the bank. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- More miles equals more premium – The more you drive every year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. If your policy improperly rates your Envoy XL can cost quite a bit. Make sure your car insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like real estate brokers, social workers and stock brokers have the highest rates in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations such as actors, students and homemakers get better rates for Envoy XL insurance.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you file claims often, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies generally give cheaper rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- High deductibles save money – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your GMC. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be for Envoy XL insurance.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If the GMC Envoy XL is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount when buying car insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When buying the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Save $472 a year? Really?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. All the ads make an identical promise that you can save after switching your coverage to them.
How can each company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer they prefer to insure. A good example of a profitable customer could possibly be over the age of 40, insures multiple vehicles, and has great credit. A driver who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher premiums which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can advertise the savings.
Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to get as many quotes as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will give you the biggest savings on GMC Envoy XL insurance.
Insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your GMC Envoy XL.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability car insurance
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as loss of income, court costs, funeral expenses and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail, rolling your car, crashing into a ditch and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills like dental work, EMT expenses and ambulance fees. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as theft, falling objects, hitting a bird and a broken windshield. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Smart consumers save more
We just showed you a lot of information how to compare 2003 GMC Envoy XL insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from the least-expected company. They may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Lower-priced insurance can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area