2003 Land Rover Discovery Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 15, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2003 Land Rover Discovery are $1,064 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $206 each year, collision costs $248, and liability coverage costs around $452. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $504 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,274. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $4,166 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,064
Rate estimates for 2003 Land Rover Discovery Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2003 Land Rover Discovery models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $504 for basic liability insurance to a high rate of $2,274 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences show why all drivers should compare prices using their specific location and risk profile, rather than using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2003 Land Rover Discovery Insurance
Searching for lower car insurance rates for your Land Rover Discovery? Are you a victim of overpriced car insurance? Believe me when I say there are lots of people in the same boat.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and uncover the absolute lowest cost out there.
It’s important to shop coverage around quite often because rates change frequently. Just because you had the best deal on Discovery insurance a couple years back a different company probably has better rates today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding car insurance on the internet, so I’m going to show you some good information on how to slash your car insurance rates.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. Finding the best rates is not that difficult. Although drivers need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but a few must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
Double check with each company how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Factors influencing Land Rover Discovery insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine car insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Pay less if you’re married – Getting married can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea at first, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Land Rover Discovery earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Where you live can impact rates – Choosing to live in a rural area can be a good thing when buying car insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents. Drivers in populated areas tend to have much more traffic to deal with and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Some car insurance companies provide better rates to customers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Car insurance providers like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads in print and on television. They all say the same thing that you can save after switching your policy. But how can every company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that makes them money. For example, a desirable insured could be between 25 and 40, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who do not match these standards will have to pay a higher premium and this can result in business not being written. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
Because of the profiling, you need to get as many comparisons as possible. You cannot predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of auto insurance can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 2003 Land Rover Discovery.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like ambulance fees, doctor visits and pain medications. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage covers damage to your Discovery resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things like emergency aid, pain and suffering, structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Saving money is sweet as honey
We just showed you a lot of ways to get a better price on 2003 Land Rover Discovery insurance. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even discover the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,683|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,818|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$66|
|5-yr Claim Free||$66|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$40|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.