Cheap 2004 Subaru Impreza Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 8, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Subaru Impreza? No one looks forward to paying for insurance coverage, especially knowing the cost is too high. Since consumers have many options, it can be hard to pick the lowest price insurer.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes every six months because prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the best deal for Impreza coverage last year other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because we’re going to demonstrate the best methods to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
This information will instruct you on how car insurance quotes work and some money-saving tips. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using this information. Drivers just need to know the most effective way to compare rates on the web.
Compare the Market for Insurance Coverage
There are a lot of ways you can shop for insurance coverage but one way is easier and takes less work. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you could use online quoting to get the quickest rates.
Most of the larger companies enroll in a system that enables customers to enter their coverage request one time, and at least one company returns a competitive quote determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating quote forms for each company. To find out what other companies charge for 2004 Subaru Impreza insurance click here to open in new window.
The single downside to comparing rates this way is you don’t know exactly the companies to get pricing from. If you would rather choose individual companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. Click to view list.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use identical coverage information for every quote you compare. If you are comparing different deductibles it will be next to impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Subaru Impreza.
How much can you save with discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house may trigger a car insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for signing up before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a discount up to 10% for Impreza coverage.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies that may have these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not be available in your area.
These factors can influence what you pay for Subaru Impreza insurance
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine insurance coverage rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the items used by your company to calculate prices.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are a ton of extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Impreza policy. Insurance for roadside assistance, accidental death and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem good initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Your location affects your rates – Residing in less populated areas can be a good thing when it comes to insurance coverage. Lower population means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers have to deal with much more traffic to deal with and a longer drive to work. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Did you know your insurance coverage rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like doctors, architects and accountants tend to have higher rates than average because of job stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, professions such as scientists, athletes and performers receive lower rates for Impreza coverage.
- Marriage pays dividends – Getting married actually saves money on your policy. It usually means you are more mature and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Frequent insurance coverage claims increase rates – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies give discounts to policyholders who do not file claims often. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Tickets mean higher rates – A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Even one ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. If you have dangerous violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Subaru. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Your deductibles are how much you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the less your insurance coverage will be for Impreza coverage.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
The car insurance bait and switch
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings from companies such as Allstate and Progressive. They all make an identical promise that you can save after switching your policy.
How do they all claim to save you money?
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For example, a driver they prefer might be a mature driver, a clean driving record, and has a short commute. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Drivers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher rates which usually ends up with business not being written. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s the way companies can truthfully make those claims.
This emphasizes why drivers must compare as many rates as you can. Because you never know which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Subaru Impreza insurance rates.
What car insurance coverages do you need?
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like pain medications, nursing services, chiropractic care and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
This will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things like funeral expenses, court costs, legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things like colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2004 Subaru Impreza.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage, falling objects, a broken windshield and theft. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
A tidy conclusion
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce 2004 Subaru Impreza insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When shopping online for insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Lower-priced insurance can be found both online as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area