Cheapest 2005 GMC Yukon XL Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one looks forward to paying for insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high. Consumers have many car insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to find the lowest rates.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons yearly because insurance rates trend upward over time. Just because you had the best deal on Yukon XL coverage six months ago a different company probably has better rates today. There is too much inaccurate information about insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn a bunch of ideas how to save money.
The most recommended method to compare rates is to know the trick most of the larger companies will pay a fee to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details including whether your vehicle is owned or leased, whether you drive to work or school, types of safety features, and how old drivers are. That information is sent automatically to many of the top insurers and they return quotes within a short period of time.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the more hidden insurance coverage savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization could trigger savings when shopping for insurance coverage on Yukon XL coverage.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Yukon XL coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Insurance companies who might offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be available in every state.
Elements that influence GMC Yukon XL insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine your insurance coverage rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower insurance coverage prices.
- What are your deductibles? – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, or theft. The more money you have to pay, the less your insurance coverage will be on Yukon XL coverage.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – The majority of insurance companies provide better rates to insureds who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may find better rates by buying insurance coverage from a different company.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your insurance coverage policy. Marriage is viewed as being more responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage. Men also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Tickets mean higher rates – A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Good drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Just one citation can increase rates forty percent or more. If you have dangerous violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Does my 2005 GMC Yukon XL need full coverage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2005 GMC Yukon XL?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Do drivers who switch really save $437 a year?
Drivers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all make the same claim about savings if you change to them.
How can each company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
All companies have a preferred profile for the driver that is profitable for them. For example, a preferred risk might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no tickets, and chooses high deductibles. A customer who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don’t qualify for the requirements will have to pay a more expensive rate and this can result in business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to get quotes from several different companies. It is impossible to predict which auto insurance company will provide you with the cheapest GMC Yukon XL insurance rates.
Auto insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as vandalism, a broken windshield and falling objects. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like X-ray expenses, hospital visits and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Liability insurance – This protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like pain and suffering, bail bonds and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
A little work can save a LOT of money
You just read many ideas to reduce 2005 GMC Yukon XL insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with an unexpected company. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Cheaper insurance is definitely available on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area