2005 Honda Accord Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2005 Honda Accord are $916 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $132 a year, collision costs $166, and liability costs around $460. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $510 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $1,972. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $3,778 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $916
Rate estimates for 2005 Honda Accord Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2005 Honda Accord models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $510 for only liability insurance to a high of $1,972 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences demonstrate why it is important for drivers to compare prices using their specific location and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2005 Honda Accord Insurance
Want cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Honda Accord? People not familiar with buying insurance online will find purchasing the cheapest insurance coverage quite challenging.
The purpose of this article is to help educate you on how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Although vehicle owners need to have an understanding of the methods companies use to price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
Pay less for 2005 Honda Accord insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some must be asked for before being credited.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
- American Family
- State Farm
- 21st Century
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply in your area.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance rates is to realize almost all companies will pay a fee to provide you with a free rate quote. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a little information such as if you are currently licensed, whether you are married, daily mileage, and whether you have decent credit. That information is instantly submitted to all major companies and you receive quotes with very little delay.
To check rates for your Honda Accord , click here and find out if lower rates are available.
Honda Accord rates influenced by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what determines base rates enables informed choices that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- More miles equals more premium – The more miles you rack up on your Honda in a year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Accord can result in significantly higher rates. Verify your auto insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most insurers will give a discount to people who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Your location affects your rates – Being located in a small town can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have much more traffic to deal with and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Misconceptions in insurance advertisements
Insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive continually stream ads on television and other media. They all seem to make the same claim about savings after switching to them. But how can every company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a preferred risk could be a mature driver, a clean driving record, and drives newer vehicles. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” is entitled to the best price and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will be charged more money which leads to the customer not buying. The ads say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s why insurance companies can confidently claim big savings.
That is why you should get as many comparisons as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like fire damage, damage from flooding and hitting a bird. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Honda Accord.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Most of the time these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things such as medical services, legal defense fees and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses such as X-ray expenses, dental work, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses and funeral costs. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
More choices the merrier
You just read some good ideas how you can compare 2005 Honda Accord insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the lowest rates come from the smaller companies.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation, policy non-renewal or not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,452|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,569|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$53|
|5-yr Claim Free||$57|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$31|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.