2005 Kia Sorento Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 26, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2005 Kia Sorento are $972 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $154 a year, collision costs $192, and liability costs around $468. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $518 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,092. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $3,952 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $972
Rate estimates for 2005 Kia Sorento Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2005 Kia Sorento models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $518 for a discount liability-only rate to a high of $2,092 for a high risk driver.
These differences demonstrate why it is important for drivers to compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2005 Kia Sorento Insurance
Looking for the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Kia Sorento? Finding lower rates for insurance coverage is challenging for people who are new to comparing rates online. There are so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a lot of work to find the best price.
Consumers should take time to compare prices before your policy renews since rates trend upward over time. Just because you had the best deal on Sorento coverage a few years ago a different company probably has better rates today. There is a lot of bad information regarding insurance coverage online but we’re going to give you some good information on how to save money.
Finding Insurance Coverage Deals
There are several ways to compare quotes from insurance coverage companies in your area. The easiest way by far to find the lowest 2005 Kia Sorento rates consists of shopping online. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This method eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for each company. Filling out one form will return quotes direct from many companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A slightly less efficient method to obtain and compare quotes online is to take the time to go to each company website to complete a price quote. For instance, let’s say you want to compare rates from Farmers, Progressive and Allstate. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least efficient method to compare rates is driving around to insurance agents’ offices. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. Drivers can find lower rates online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll touch on that later.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but compare apples-to-apples coverages on every quote. If your comparisons have different values for each quote then you won’t be able to make a fair comparison for your Kia Sorento. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits may result in large price differences. And when quoting insurance coverage, remember that comparing a large number of companies provides better odds of finding the best price.
You probably qualify for some discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Sorento coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts compared to frequent claim filers.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Memberships – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance on Sorento coverage.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% on Sorento coverage with select insurance companies.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
Check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply everywhere.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When buying coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses like prosthetic devices, pain medications and ambulance fees. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft and a broken windshield. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as attorney fees, medical services, legal defense fees, emergency aid and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Kia Sorento.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Sorento resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,539|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,662|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$58|
|5-yr Claim Free||$61|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$34|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.