Cheapest 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower insurance rates for your Ford Escape Hybrid? Are you overwhelmed by the dozens of insurance companies? Many other consumers are too. There are so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a real hassle to find the lowest price.
It’s a great practice to do rate comparisons every six months since rates are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the best rates on Escape Hybrid coverage a year ago you can probably find a better price now. So just forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the best ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Buying car insurance is not that difficult. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using these methods. Although car owners must comprehend how insurance companies compete online and take advantage of how the system works.
Save on Ford Escape Hybrid insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home can help you save on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy online.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off on Escape Hybrid coverage with select insurance companies.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates, click here.
Cheap Car Insurance Comparisons
All the larger car insurance companies give prices for coverage online. Getting quotes doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply type in your coverage information as detailed in the form. When complete, the company’s rating system collects your driving and credit reports and provides a quote based on many factors.
Being able to quote online streamlines rate comparisons, but the time required to go to each company’s website and repetitively fill out multiple forms gets old quite quickly. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to find lower prices.
The quickest way to compare car insurance pricing uses one simple form that analyzes rates from a lot of companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires much less work on your part, and makes online quotes much more efficient. Immediately after you send the form, it gets priced and you can choose any one of the resulting price quotes. If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. It can be completed in less than 10 minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To quickly use this form to compare rates, click here to open in new window and fill out the form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you’re receiving a price comparison based on similar coverages.
Ford Escape Hybrid insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are a ton of extra coverages that can waste your money when buying insurance. Things like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Lower rates come with age – Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher insurance rates. Adding a teen driver onto a policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Careful drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Just one ticket can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers with serious tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Sex matters – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women have accidents in similar percentages, but the males have costlier accidents. They also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Credit rating is a huge factor in calculating your insurance rates. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower ratings. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid by improving your rating.
- No coverage gaps is important – Driving without insurance is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Occupations like lawyers, executives and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates attributed to job stress and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates on Escape Hybrid coverage.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions can help discover whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads in print and on television. All the ads have a common claim of big savings after switching your policy. How can each company claim to save you money?
All companies can use profiling for the right customer they prefer to insure. For example, a desirable insured might be over the age of 50, has no prior claims, and has a short commute. Any new insured who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and therefore will save a lot of money.
Drivers who don’t meet the requirements will be quoted higher rates and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s the way companies can make those claims. This emphasizes why it is so important to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Ford Escape Hybrid insurance.
Learn about car insurance coverages for a Ford Escape Hybrid
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as rock chips in glass, damage from flooding, hitting a deer and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Ford Escape Hybrid.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Escape Hybrid caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as backing into a parked car, rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses like surgery, chiropractic care, doctor visits and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto liability – Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like funeral expenses, legal defense fees and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
A fool and his money are soon parted
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers and policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best price.
Cheaper 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid in 2023?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid in 2023, it’s advisable to shop around and compare quotes from multiple insurance companies. You can use online insurance comparison websites or contact insurance agents directly to gather quotes. It’s important to review the coverage options, deductibles, and policy terms to ensure you’re comparing similar insurance packages.
Are there any specific insurance companies known for offering affordable rates for a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid?
Insurance rates can vary significantly between companies, so it’s difficult to pinpoint any specific company as the absolute cheapest for insuring a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid. However, some companies may specialize in providing affordable coverage for older vehicles, so it’s worth exploring options from insurers that cater to that market segment.
Can the insurance rates for a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid vary based on location?
Yes, the insurance rates for a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid can vary based on location. Insurance companies consider factors such as local crime rates, accident statistics, and population density when determining insurance premiums. Areas with higher incidents of theft or accidents may have higher insurance rates compared to areas with lower risks.
What are some tips to lower insurance rates for a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid?
Here are the five tips to help lower insurance rates for a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid:
- Maintain a clean driving record and avoid traffic violations or accidents.
- Consider increasing your deductibles, which can lower your premiums, but be sure to choose a deductible you can comfortably afford.
- Look for discounts such as bundling multiple policies, having a good driving record, or installing anti-theft devices.
- Reduce your annual mileage by carpooling or using public transportation when possible.
- Compare quotes from multiple insurance companies to find the best rates available.
Will the insurance rates for a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid decrease as the vehicle ages?
In general, insurance rates for older vehicles like a 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid may decrease over time. As a vehicle ages, its value typically decreases, which can lead to lower insurance premiums. However, other factors such as the vehicle’s safety rating and repair costs may also impact the insurance rates. It’s best to consult with insurance providers for accurate information on specific rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area