Cheapest 2006 Toyota RAV4 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better car insurance rates for your Toyota RAV4? Finding better insurance prices for a Toyota RAV4 could be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to make it easier.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the proper way to get price quotes on a Toyota and get the cheapest rates.
Toyota RAV4 rates influenced by many factors
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with big savings.
- Older drivers save more – Teenage drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Adding a teen driver to your policy can really hurt. Older drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Increase deductibles and save – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Toyota from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance on RAV4 insurance.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Even a single citation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers who get serious violations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a ton of extra coverages you can purchase on your RAV4 policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, better glass coverage and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
Finding Auto Insurance
Finding lower auto insurance rates can be relatively painless. The only requirement is to invest a few minutes to compare quotes provided by online insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the simplest ways consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This method prevents you from having to do separate forms for each company. Completing one form will get you rate comparisons direct from many companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A harder way to analyze rates is to manually visit the website for each individual company to request a price quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare Auto-Owners, Progressive and GMAC. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.
- The least efficient method of comparing rate quotes is to spend your day driving to and from local insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the professional advice of a local agent. Drivers can price shop your coverage online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll talk about that later.
Whichever way you use, make sure you use apples-to-apples quote information on every quote. If you have different deductibles it’s impossible to determine which rate is truly the best.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies say the same thing that you can save after switching your coverage to them.
How does each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a preferred risk could possibly be between 25 and 40, insures multiple vehicles, and has great credit. A driver who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will have to pay more money which leads to business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings.
Because of the profiling, you need to get quotes from several different companies. Because you never know which auto insurance company will have the lowest Toyota RAV4 insurance rates.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but some must be specially asked for before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child take driver’s ed class in school.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% on RAV4 insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck. But any discount will reduce your overall premium however.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is medical payments coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- If my 2006 Toyota RAV4 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does my 2006 Toyota RAV4 qualify for pleasure use?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Car insurance coverages for a 2006 Toyota RAV4
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage, falling objects, a broken windshield and vandalism. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as loss of income, medical expenses and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses and dental work. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Be Smart and Buy Smart
Cheap 2006 Toyota RAV4 insurance is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers or even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for a 2006 Toyota RAV4?
To find the most affordable insurance rates for a 2006 Toyota RAV4, it is advisable to compare quotes from multiple insurance providers. You can reach out to different insurance companies or use online comparison tools to gather quotes. Additionally, maintaining a clean driving record, opting for higher deductibles, and bundling your car insurance with other policies can help reduce the premium costs.
Are there any specific discounts available for insuring a 2006 Toyota RAV4?
Many insurance providers offer various discounts that can help lower the insurance rates for a 2006 Toyota RAV4. Some common discounts include good driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, safety feature discounts, and low mileage discounts. It’s recommended to inquire about these discounts when obtaining quotes from insurance companies.
Does the location impact the insurance rates for a 2006 Toyota RAV4?
Yes, the location where you reside can affect the insurance rates for a 2006 Toyota RAV4. Insurance providers consider factors such as the local crime rate, population density, and the likelihood of accidents or vehicle theft in your area. Typically, if you live in an area with higher risks, you may experience higher insurance premiums.
Is the cost of insurance higher for a 2006 Toyota RAV4 compared to other vehicles?
The insurance rates for a 2006 Toyota RAV4 may vary compared to other vehicles. However, it’s important to note that insurance rates depend on multiple factors, including the vehicle’s safety record, repair costs, and overall risk profile. While the 2006 Toyota RAV4 is generally considered a safe and reliable vehicle, it’s best to compare insurance quotes to determine the specific costs.
How can I lower the insurance rates for my 2006 Toyota RAV4?
There are a few steps you can take to potentially lower the insurance rates for your 2006 Toyota RAV4. Some strategies include maintaining a good driving record, enrolling in defensive driving courses, installing safety features or anti-theft devices in your vehicle, choosing a higher deductible, and regularly comparing insurance quotes to ensure you’re getting the best deal.
Can I remove certain coverage options to reduce insurance costs for my 2006 Toyota RAV4?
It is possible to adjust your coverage options to reduce insurance costs for your 2006 Toyota RAV4. However, it’s important to carefully consider the potential risks and consequences. While removing certain coverage options like comprehensive or collision coverage may lower your premiums, it also means you’ll have less financial protection in the event of an accident, theft, or damage to your vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area