2007 Acura RDX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2007 Acura RDX are $922 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive costs on average $162, collision insurance costs $222, and liability costs around $402. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $446 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $1,986. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $3,652 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $922
Rate estimates for 2007 Acura RDX Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2007 Acura RDX models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range range from as low as $446 for just liability coverage to the much higher price of $1,986 for high-risk insurance.
These differences illustrate why everyone should compare prices based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2007 Acura RDX Insurance
Want better insurance coverage rates for your Acura RDX? Purchasing low-cost insurance coverage over the internet may be problematic for beginners to online price comaprisons. With such a large number of companies competing online, how can anyone even start to compare every one to find the best available price?
Why your Acura RDX insurance rates may be high
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine auto insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Acura RDX scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Many auto insurance companies will give a discount to policyholders who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Being located in a small town can save you money when buying auto insurance. Urban drivers regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Your credit score is a huge factor in your rate calculation. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your 2007 Acura RDX by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like lawyers, executives and stock brokers have the highest rates because of stressful work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, students and performers get better rates for RDX coverage.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability coverage is the protection when you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every discount very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount for RDX coverage depending on your company.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- What is medical payments coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses like ambulance fees, EMT expenses, pain medications and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Acura RDX.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects, hail damage and rock chips in glass. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
A penny earned…
The cheapest 2007 Acura RDX insurance can be found both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
We just covered a lot of information how to shop for insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with an unexpected company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,455|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,578|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$58|
|5-yr Claim Free||$58|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$35|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.