Cheapest 2013 Acura RDX Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Acura RDX? If price shopping insurance coverage online is new to you, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer number of online companies all offering big savings.
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons on a regular basis because insurance rates trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest price on RDX coverage a year ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because you’re about to find out the easiest way to get good coverage at a lower rate.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. The purpose of this article is to help you learn the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. Nevertheless, car owners benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Compare Insurance Today
All major insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate give prices for coverage online. Getting online quotes doesn’t take a lot of time as you just enter the coverages you want into a form. After you submit the form their system orders credit information and your driving record and provides a quote.
Quoting online simplifies rate comparisons, but the work required to visit multiple sites and type in the same information can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to find better insurance pricing.
A more efficient way to get multiple rate quotes makes use of a single form that gets prices from several different companies. This type of form saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable. After sending the form, it is quoted and you can select any or none of the quote results.
If you find a better price you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. It takes less than 15 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here and fill out the form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will get rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Insurance companies that may have these discounts are:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Lesser-known factors impacting Acura RDX insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better insurance coverage rates.
Shown below are some of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
- Save money with special equipment – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent car theft.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Driving with no insurance is against the law and insurance coverage companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Mature drivers pay less – Mature drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teenage drivers are known to get distracted easily in a vehicle therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts to customers who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a ton of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying insurance coverage. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, accidental death and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Car insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate regularly use ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make the same claim that you can save if you move your policy. But how can every company make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable customer might be over the age of 40, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile receives the best rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who are not a match for these standards will be charged higher prices which leads to the customer not buying. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently state the savings.
That is why drivers should get quotes from several different companies. It’s not possible to predict which company will give you the biggest savings on Acura RDX insurance.
Insurance coverage specifics
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and a broken windshield. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability – This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as funeral expenses, medical services, loss of income and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical expense coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses for rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, pain medications and prosthetic devices. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Pennies from heaven
Cost effective 2013 Acura RDX insurance can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims, unfair underwriting practices or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
We just covered many tips how you can get a better price on insurance. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional information is located at these links:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for my 2013 Acura RDX in 2023?
To find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your 2013 Acura RDX in 2023, you can enter your ZIP code on our website. We provide a free quote tool that allows you to compare rates from different companies. The more quotes you compare, the better your chances of finding the most affordable coverage.
Why should I compare auto insurance rates online?
Comparing auto insurance rates online allows you to easily and quickly see what different companies are offering. It saves you time and effort by eliminating the need to visit multiple websites or contact individual insurance providers. By comparing rates, you can find better coverage options at lower rates.
Are there any discounts available that can help me pay less for auto insurance?
Yes, there are various discounts available that can help you save on auto insurance. Many insurance companies offer discounts for factors such as safe driving records, multiple policies, anti-theft devices, and good student grades. It’s important to ask the insurance companies you are considering about the discounts they offer to ensure you take advantage of all available savings.
How do I know what coverage is right for me and my Acura RDX?
The right insurance coverage for your Acura RDX depends on your individual needs and preferences. There is no “best” method to buy coverage as each situation is unique. It’s helpful to consider factors such as your driving habits, budget, and desired level of protection. If you need assistance in determining the right coverage for your vehicles, you can speak to an insurance agent who can provide personalized advice.
What factors impact the insurance rates for my Acura RDX?
Several factors can influence the insurance rates for your Acura RDX. These factors include your driving record, age, location, credit history, the value of your vehicle, and the coverage options you choose. Insurance companies use these factors to assess the risk associated with insuring your vehicle and determine the premiums you will pay. It’s important to understand these rating factors to make informed decisions and potentially find better insurance coverage rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area