2007 Subaru Legacy Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 19, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2007 Subaru Legacy are $972 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $212, collision insurance costs $222, and liability insurance costs $402. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $446 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,068. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $3,730 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $972
Rate estimates for 2007 Subaru Legacy Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2007 Subaru Legacy models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $446 for the bare minimum liability coverage to a much higher rate of $2,068 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences highlight why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, rather than relying on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2007 Subaru Legacy Insurance
Looking for better insurance coverage rates for your Subaru Legacy? Expensive insurance coverage can empty your personal savings and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Shopping your coverage around is a smart way to lower your monthly bill.
Popular companies such as Allstate and Progressive persitently shower you with catchy ads and it is difficult to see past the corporate glitz and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes once or twice a year since rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the lowest rates for Legacy coverage on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because we’re going to demonstrate one of the quickest ways to find great coverage at a great price.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using these methods. Finding affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Although vehicle owners should learn the way insurance companies compete online and apply this information to your search.
Some factors that can determine what Subaru Legacy insurance costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
The following are some of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
- How credit affects insurance rates – Having a bad credit score is a huge factor in determining your rates. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your 2007 Subaru Legacy by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with poor credit.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. They both cause accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your policy. It means you’re more mature and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Big city or small town – Being located in a rural area has it’s advantages when it comes to insurance. City drivers tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents.
- Increase deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Subaru from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more money you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Legacy coverage.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are many extra bells and whistles that can waste your money on your insurance policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and membership fees may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Subaru Legacy is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Mature drivers pay less – Teen drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts very well, so here is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get better insurance coverage rates for Legacy coverage.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of providers who offer insurance coverage discounts, click here.
Everyone needs different coverages
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2007 Subaru Legacy?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What insurance coverages do you need?
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Subaru Legacy.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like fire damage, hail damage, hitting a deer and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability – Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Medical expense coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses and hospital visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as rolling your car, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
And the best car insurance company is…
Cheap 2007 Subaru Legacy insurance is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you shop your coverage around, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,536|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,662|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$59|
|5-yr Claim Free||$61|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$36|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.