Cheapest 2005 Subaru Legacy Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 7, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Confused by the crazy number of car insurance choices? You have a lot of company. There are so many options that it can turn into a real challenge to compare prices.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes occasionally since insurance rates are constantly changing. If you had the lowest price for Legacy coverage last year you will most likely find a better rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about car insurance online but with this article, you’re going to get the best ways to find cheap car insurance.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. The purpose of this article is to let you in on how to effectively get price quotes and some tips to save money. But car owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% for Legacy coverage with select insurance companies.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Insurance companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
- Farm Bureau
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
It’s a good idea to ask each company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state.
You may need specialized coverage
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed and hitting a bird. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills like pain medications, EMT expenses and surgery. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees, medical expenses and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch, rolling your car and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Subaru Legacy.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests or even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
We covered some good ideas how you can compare 2005 Subaru Legacy insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest premiums are with a smaller regional carrier.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information can be found below:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area