Cheapest 2008 Acura RDX Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper car insurance rates for your Acura RDX? Trying to find cheaper insurance for an Acura RDX can normally be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates and you need to know the proper way to quote coverages for a new or used Acura and get the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes before your policy renews since rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best deal on RDX insurance a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of wrong information about car insurance on the internet, so with this article, you’re going to get the easiest ways to put money back in your pocket.
Free Quotes for Insurance Coverage
Most companies allow you to get coverage price quotes online. Getting online quotes is pretty painless as you simply type in the coverages you want into a form. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system orders your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote.
Online price quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the work required to visit multiple sites and type in the same information is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to find the lowest insurance coverage rates.
Quote rates the easy way
An easier way to lower your rates makes use of a single form to obtain quotes from multiple companies. It’s a real time-saver, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online quotes much simpler. As soon as the form is sent, it is rated and you can select any or none of the price quotes you receive. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. It only takes a few minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To quickly compare rates now, click here and enter your information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This ensures you will be getting a fair comparison based on identical coverages.
Discounts to lower Acura RDX insurance rates
Car insurance companies do not list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both the well known as well as the least known insurance coverage savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your policy on RDX insurance.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of providers offering insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for an Acura RDX
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Auto insurance companies generally give cheaper rates to people who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Driving with no insurance is a misdemeanor and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Where you live can impact rates – Being located in a small town can save you money when it comes to auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- With age comes lower rates – Teenage drivers have a tendency to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Acura from damage. A few examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, damage from fire, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more money you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive on RDX insurance.
Drivers who switch save $388 a year? Really?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings by companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies say the same thing that you’ll save big if you move to them.
But how can every company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies can use profiling for the right customer that is profitable for them. For example, a preferred risk could be over the age of 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has a short commute. A propective insured who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and most likely will save when switching.
Drivers who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will be charged higher premiums which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “people who switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can make those claims. That is why drivers must get quotes from several different companies. It is impossible to predict the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision insurance covers damage to your RDX caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2008 Acura RDX.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as pain and suffering, funeral expenses, loss of income, medical services and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills for things like dental work, pain medications, prosthetic devices, hospital visits and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass and hitting a deer. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Shop smart and save
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheap 2008 Acura RDX insurance is available from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service and even delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
Are insurance rates for a 2008 Acura RDX generally higher or lower compared to other vehicles?
Insurance rates for a 2008 Acura RDX can vary based on individual factors, but generally, rates for this vehicle may be higher compared to other cars. This could be due to factors such as the vehicle’s cost, repair expenses, or safety ratings. However, it’s always recommended to obtain insurance quotes from multiple providers to compare rates specific to your situation.
Are there specific insurance companies that offer lower rates for a 2008 Acura RDX?
Insurance rates can vary between insurance companies due to their underwriting policies and risk assessments. It’s advisable to obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to determine which company offers the most competitive rates for a 2008 Acura RDX in your specific situation.
Are there any specific safety features in the 2008 Acura RDX that may help lower insurance rates?
The 2008 Acura RDX comes equipped with various safety features, including stability control, anti-lock brakes, traction control, and multiple airbags. These safety features may help lower insurance rates as they can reduce the risk of accidents and injuries. It’s recommended to discuss these safety features with your insurance provider to determine if they offer any potential discounts.
Can I reduce insurance costs by opting for minimum coverage for a 2008 Acura RDX?
While opting for minimum coverage may result in lower insurance premiums, it’s important to consider the potential risks and financial implications. Minimum coverage may not provide adequate protection in the event of an accident or damage to your vehicle. It’s advisable to assess your individual needs and consult with an insurance professional to determine the appropriate coverage levels for your 2008 Acura RDX.
Will the age of my 2008 Acura RDX affect my insurance rates?
The age of your vehicle can have an impact on insurance rates. As a car gets older, its value may decrease, which could potentially lower insurance premiums. However, other factors such as the cost of repairs or the availability of replacement parts can also influence rates. It’s advisable to discuss this with your insurance provider to get a better understanding of how the age of your specific vehicle may affect your rates.
How does the location where I live impact insurance rates for a 2008 Acura RDX?
The location where you reside can have an effect on insurance rates for your 2008 Acura RDX. If you live in an area with high population density or a higher incidence of accidents or thefts, your insurance rates may be higher. Insurance companies consider the local risk factors when determining premiums. However, rates can vary between different locations, so it’s always a good idea to compare quotes from different providers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area