Ford Ford Taurus Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 18, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Ford Taurus? Have you had enough of being strong-armed to insure your Ford every month? You are in the same boat as most other car owners. Popular companies such as Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance increase brand awareness with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and find the best price available.
It’s a good habit to price shop coverage quite often due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you found the lowest price on Taurus coverage six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. So just forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to teach you how to quote online to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Finding the best rates is quite easy. Vehicle owners only need to know the best way to get comparison quotes over the internet.
The quickest method to get policy rate comparisons is to realize auto insurance companies participate in a system to compare their rates. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give the companies some data such as if you require a SR-22, how much coverage you want, marital status, and the year, make and model of vehicles. Your rating data is then submitted to all major companies and they return rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To get price quotes for your , click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Factors that might impact rates for a Ford Taurus
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
Listed below are some of the factors that factor into your rates.
- Big city or small town – Living in less populated areas has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers regularly have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance on Taurus coverage.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as doctors, executives and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average attributed to job stress and long work hours. On the flip side, professions such as scientists, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates on Taurus coverage.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. They both have accidents in similar numbers, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are many add-on coverages that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
Discounts mean cheaper 2012 Ford Taurus insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically before they will apply. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Drivers Education – Have your child take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance on Taurus coverage.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a discount up to 10% on Taurus coverage.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% on Taurus coverage with select insurance companies.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
Insurance companies that may offer these benefits include:
Check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance coverage options for a 2012 Ford Taurus
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hail damage, theft and falling objects. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills for doctor visits, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and dental work. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability coverages – Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
In this article, we covered many ways to shop for 2012 Ford Taurus insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area