Mitsubishi Mitsubishi Eclipse Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 19, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper auto insurance rates for your Mitsubishi Eclipse? No one looks forward to buying auto insurance, particularly when their premiums are too high. There is such a variety of insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, it can be more challenging to find the lowest rates.
Take discounts and save
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% for Eclipse coverage with select insurance companies.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Eclipse coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
Companies who might offer these discounts include:
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- American Family
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state.
Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance rates can be determined by these details
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine prices.
- What are your deductibles? – Your deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, or theft. The more you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Eclipse coverage.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Mitsubishi Eclipse is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- How’s your driving record? – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single speeding ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get dangerous violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Pleasure use saves money – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Make sure your insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. Incorrect usage on your Eclipse can cost quite a bit.
- Sex matters – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men cause accidents at about the same rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies give discounts to policyholders who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance covers damage to your Eclipse caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for pain medications, ambulance fees, doctor visits, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Another option is a combined limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things like loss of income, medical expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft, fire damage, hitting a deer and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Mitsubishi Eclipse.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Shop. Compare. Save.
When you buy insurance online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.
You just read some good ideas how to compare 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the best prices are with the least-expected company. They may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Helpful learning opportunities
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area