2009 HUMMER H2 SUT Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest car insurance rates for your HUMMER H2 SUT? Searching for the cheapest insurance for a new or used HUMMER H2 SUT can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our car insurance buying tips to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage for your HUMMER and locate the best price possible.
It’s a good habit to shop coverage around at least once a year because prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best price on H2 SUT insurance on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the proper way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
HUMMER H2 SUT rates influenced by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Where you live – Choosing to live in a small town can save you money when buying auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a wife or husband actually saves money when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Older drivers pay less – Youthful drivers are known to get distracted easily when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Adding a teenage driver onto your auto insurance can really hurt. More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft.
- What are your deductibles? – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and burglary. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be on H2 SUT insurance.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – Insurance companies award better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
Don’t miss these discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of certain professional organizations could trigger savings when buying insurance coverage on H2 SUT insurance.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
Companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not apply everywhere.
When might I need help?
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Learn about auto insurance coverages for a HUMMER H2 SUT
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses like ambulance fees, surgery, dental work, hospital visits and chiropractic care. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your H2 SUT caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical services, funeral expenses, court costs, repair costs for stationary objects and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and falling objects. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your HUMMER H2 SUT.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
And the best car insurance company is…
Discount 2009 HUMMER H2 SUT insurance can be bought both online as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we covered many ways to save on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area