Cheapest 2009 Mazda CX-9 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Mazda CX-9? No one enjoys paying for insurance coverage, in particular when the cost is way too high. Because you have many insurance providers from which to choose, it is very difficult to locate the most cost effective company.
It’s a great practice to do rate comparisons every six months because insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the lowest price for CX-9 coverage a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to find out the quickest way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Finding affordable coverage is not that difficult. If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Consumers just need to know the tricks to find the lowest price on the web.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount on your policy for CX-9 coverage.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Mazda can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get better auto insurance rates for CX-9 coverage.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies who might offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
- Farm Bureau
- American Family
- State Farm
Check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area.
Free Quotes for Auto Insurance
All the larger auto insurance companies give pricing directly from their websites. The process is quite easy as you just type in the coverages you want into the quote form. After the form is submitted, the system makes automated requests for information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price based on these factors. This makes comparing rates easy, but the work required to visit each company’s website and repetitively fill out multiple forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it’s very important to perform this step in order to find better auto insurance pricing.
The easiest way to lower your rates uses one form that gets prices from several different companies. This type of form saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes quoting online much easier to do. Once the form is submitted, it is rated and you can choose your choice of the pricing results. If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process only takes a few minutes and may result in a nice savings.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, click here to open in new window and submit the form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you are getting rate quotes for similar insurance coverage.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance – This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird, hitting a deer and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision – This coverage covers damage to your CX-9 resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability – This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as court costs, repair costs for stationary objects and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Mazda CX-9.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills for things like nursing services, prosthetic devices and chiropractic care. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
You can do this!
The cheapest 2009 Mazda CX-9 insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional information is located below:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance coverage rates for my Mazda CX-9 in 2023?
To find the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Mazda CX-9, you can follow these steps:
- Conduct rate comparisons every six months, as insurance rates can change.
- Take advantage of discounts offered by insurance companies, such as life insurance discounts, anti-lock brake discounts, affiliation discounts with clubs or organizations, low mileage discounts, defensive driving course discounts, no claims discounts, senior citizen discounts, and seat belt usage discounts.
- Contact insurance companies like Farm Bureau, MetLife, Progressive, AAA, American Family, GEICO, and State Farm to inquire about the discounts available in your area.
- Obtain free quotes from auto insurance companies. You can visit each company’s website and fill out multiple forms, or use a form that gets prices from several different companies to save time.
Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto insurance?
Bundling your homeowners policy with your auto insurance can often lead to discounts and cost savings. It’s advisable to inquire with your insurance provider about the potential savings from bundling both policies. Compare the bundled price with the individual prices for each policy to determine if bundling is the best option for you.
How can I get assistance from a licensed insurance agent?
If you have specific insurance questions or need personalized advice, it’s recommended to consult with a licensed insurance agent. You can complete a form online or use a search tool to find local insurance agents in your area. They can provide guidance, answer your questions, and help you find the most suitable insurance coverage for your needs.
What factors affect the cost of insurance for a 2009 Mazda CX-9?
Several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 2009 Mazda CX-9. These may include:
- Your driving record: Drivers with a clean record generally receive lower insurance rates compared to those with accidents or traffic violations.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary based on your ZIP code, as areas with higher crime rates or higher accident frequencies may result in higher premiums.
- Age and gender: Younger drivers, particularly teenagers, often face higher insurance rates. Additionally, statistics show that male drivers tend to have higher accident rates compared to females.
- Credit history: In some states, insurance companies consider credit history as a factor in determining rates.
- Deductible and coverage limits: Choosing a higher deductible can lower your premium, but it means you’ll pay more out of pocket in the event of a claim. Similarly, higher coverage limits may result in higher premiums.
Can I get insurance coverage if I have a history of accidents or violations?
Even with a history of accidents or violations, you can still find insurance coverage for your 2009 Mazda CX-9. However, your rates may be higher compared to drivers with clean records. It’s important to shop around and consider insurance companies that specialize in high-risk drivers or offer accident forgiveness programs. Working with a licensed insurance agent can also help you find the best options for your specific situation.
Should I drop coverage on an older 2009 Mazda CX-9 to save money?
The decision to drop coverage on an older vehicle like a 2009 Mazda CX-9 depends on several factors. Consider the current value of your vehicle, your financial situation, and the potential risks involved. If the cost of coverage outweighs the value of your vehicle, you may choose to drop certain coverages like collision or comprehensive. However, keep in mind that doing so means you will be responsible for repair or replacement costs in case of damage or loss. It’s advisable to weigh the potential savings against the potential financial risk before making a decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area