2010 Mazda CX-9 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 20, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2010 Mazda CX-9 are $1,118 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $202 each year, collision costs $284, and liability costs around $474. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $522 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,408. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $4,402 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,118
Rate estimates for 2010 Mazda CX-9 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2010 Mazda CX-9 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $522 for just liability insurance to a high rate of $2,408 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences demonstrate why all drivers should compare prices based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2010 Mazda CX-9 Insurance
Nobody I know likes paying for auto insurance, especially when their premiums are through the roof.
There are many car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, it makes it harder to adequately compare rates.
Consumers should take time to price shop coverage every six months because rates change regularly. Just because you found the best deal on CX-9 insurance six months ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out one of the quickest ways to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Finding affordable coverage is not rocket science. Basically, anyone who buys insurance coverage will most likely be able to find better rates. But vehicle owners do need to know the methods companies use to sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Cheap Auto Insurance Comparisons
Comparing auto insurance rates can be challenging if you aren’t aware of the best way to get rate quotes. You could waste a few hours driving to local insurance agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to get the quickest rates.
The majority of car insurance companies enroll in a system that allows shoppers to enter their policy data once, and every company can give them a price determined by their information. This prevents consumers from doing repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
To submit your quote information now, click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to getting quotes like this is you can’t choose which carriers you want pricing from. So if you prefer to pick specific insurance companies to compare rates, we put together a list of companies who write auto insurance in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you’re using identical coverage limits and deductibles for every company. If you compare different deductibles you will not be able to make a fair comparison for your Mazda CX-9. Just a small difference in limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding lower pricing.
How to reduce 2010 Mazda CX-9 insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known insurance coverage savings.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy on CX-9 insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Mazda can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may be able to get better insurance coverage rates on CX-9 insurance.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can save you money because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Car insurance companies that may have these benefits are:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered in your state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2010 Mazda CX-9?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Factors that might impact rates for a Mazda CX-9
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates enables informed choices that could result in better insurance rates.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Liability insurance is the protection in the event that you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Sex matters – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. They both cause accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If the Mazda CX-9 is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more miles you rack up on your Mazda in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Vehicles not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your insurance policy shows how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Incorrect usage on your CX-9 can result in significantly higher rates.
- Being married can save on insurance – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your policy. Marriage translates into being more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Your location is important – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when talking about insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer people means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
Insurance ads bend the truth
Insurance providers like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm regularly use ads in print and on television. They all make the same claim that you’ll save big if you move to them. How do they all claim to save you money?
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a driver they prefer could be a mature driver, a clean driving record, and chooses high deductibles. A customer who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Potential customers who fall outside this ideal profile must pay higher rates which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. This is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims. This illustrates why drivers must get as many comparisons as possible. Because you never know which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Mazda CX-9 insurance.
Car insurance policy coverages for a Mazda CX-9
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the usual coverages available from car insurance companies.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays for damage to your CX-9 resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 2010 Mazda CX-9.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, fire damage, rock chips in glass and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability car insurance – This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees, emergency aid and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
You can do this!
You just read a lot of tips how to compare 2010 Mazda CX-9 insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small local company. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Discount insurance can be sourced on the web in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Other learning opportunities
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,767|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,914|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$71|
|5-yr Claim Free||$71|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$43|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.