Cheapest 2009 Saturn VUE Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Perplexed by the dozens of car insurance company choices? You have a lot of company. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can easily become more work than you anticipated to find better rates.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount for VUE coverage with a few auto insurance companies.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for reduced rates for VUE coverage.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask each company how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered in every state.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the trick most of the larger companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information including distance driven, how old drivers are, how much school you completed, and if a SR-22 is required. Those rating factors is submitted instantly to insurance companies and they respond with quotes instantly.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2009 Saturn VUE?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Parts of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your VUE from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with a tree, backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Saturn VUE.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses like dental work, funeral costs, doctor visits and chiropractic care. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability – This will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like loss of income, attorney fees, structural damage, medical services and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as falling objects, damage from flooding, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and rock chips in glass. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Shop around and save
Budget-conscious 2009 Saturn VUE insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just covered many tips how you can save on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for a 2009 Saturn VUE in 2023?
To find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your 2009 Saturn VUE, you can enter your Zip code on our website and use the free quote tool. This will provide you with quotes from different companies that offer cheap auto insurance rates in your area.
Are there any discounts available for auto insurance?
Yes, many car insurance companies offer discounts that can help you save money on your premiums. These discounts may not always be listed in an easily accessible way, so it’s a good idea to ask each company how you can save money. Some common discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, and good student discounts. However, it’s important to note that most discounts apply to individual premiums and may not make your policy entirely free.
How can I compare insurance rates online?
Many larger insurance companies provide online access to give free rate quotes. By providing some basic information such as the distance driven, driver’s age, education level, and whether a SR-22 is required, you can receive quotes instantly from insurance companies. It is recommended to compare quotes from multiple companies to increase your chances of finding lower rates.
Is there a perfect car insurance policy?
No, there is no single car insurance policy that fits everyone. Each situation is unique, and the best car insurance coverage depends on various factors such as your driving habits, vehicle, and personal needs. It’s essential to assess your own situation and consider factors like coverage limits, deductibles, and additional coverages that may be beneficial to you.
What are the different coverages in an insurance policy?
An insurance policy typically includes several coverages. Some common ones are:
- Collision coverage: This covers damage to your vehicle from colliding with an object or car. You will have to pay a deductible, and the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) coverage: This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the at-fault driver doesn’t have enough or any liability insurance. It covers medical payments and damage incurred to your vehicle.
- Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP): These coverages reimburse you for immediate expenses like medical costs, funeral expenses, and chiropractic care. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy.
- Auto liability: This coverage protects you from legal claims by others for damage or injury caused by an accident. It does not cover damage sustained by your own vehicle.
- Comprehensive insurance: This coverage pays for damage to your vehicle from incidents other than collisions, such as falling objects, fire, or vandalism. A deductible applies, and the insurance company covers the remaining damage.
How can I save money on insurance?
To save money on insurance, it’s recommended to shop around and compare quotes from different companies. The more quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. However, it’s important not to compromise on coverage quality just to save money. Avoid buying poor coverage that may lead to financial troubles later on. Additionally, consider taking advantage of available discounts and adjusting coverage options and deductibles to find the best coverage at an affordable price.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area