Cheapest 2002 Saturn VUE Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance coverage rates for your Saturn VUE? Locating low-cost insurance for your Saturn VUE, or any other vehicle for that matter, can be an all-consuming task. However, you can learn our insurance coverage buying tips and make it easier on yourself. There are both simple and convoluted ways to find insurance coverage online, so we’re going to help out and teach you a few easy ways to shop around.
It’s a good habit to price shop coverage periodically because rates trend upward over time. Just because you found the lowest price for VUE coverage on your last policy, doesn’t mean that a different company probably has better rates today. Plus, the value of a 2002 Saturn VUE has changed over the years, and that should also be taken into consideration when looking for insurance.
The older your vehicle, the higher the chances of your insurance changing. You may need to drop coverage, or make sure that you maintain a certain limit in case of an accident.
Shopping online doesn’t have to give you a headache, and we’re here to help. If you have a current insurance policy, or you’re looking for a new one, you can use these techniques to reduce the price you pay while maximizing your overall car insurance coverage. Whether you have a 2002 Saturn VUE or any other vehicle, having proper protection can save you from financial woes in the future.
Want to compare auto insurance companies to find the best rates? Just enter your ZIP code into our free comparison tool to get started.
What discounts should you look for with car insurance?
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both the well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be for your auto insurance policy.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount. You can also ask about other safety features installed in your vehicle to see if they give you a break as well.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums for VUE coverage. Typically each insurance company will offer a break as you hit certain age brackets.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since new cars are generally crafted to be safer. They often come with backup cameras and blind spot alerts.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by having them to enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a driver safety course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live. This could be a solid choice for any driver regardless of age.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Distant Student Discount – Young drivers who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to get cheaper coverage.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be added to your monthly total when it comes to what you pay for your policy. The majority of these discounts will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision, or medical payments. You’ll want to double check where the savings will be applied, so that you can better understand how you’re saving that money.
Why are there so many auto insurance policy options?
When buying the right insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s. For example, your Saturn VUE may be the exact same as the one your neighbor owns, except theirs is in better shape. However, their commute is much longer, and you work from home. You may save money because you drive less, and they may spend a bit more because the value of their car is higher.
This is why there are options. You may not want comprehensive coverage, while your neighbor has a full-coverage policy because of their commute. There are a lot of unique situations when it comes to an auto policy, which can work out in the consumer’s favor.
Since this is often the case, many people still prefer to speak directly with an agent when it comes to their policy specifics, rather than go online for a quote. If you think this may apply to you, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice:
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- If my 2002 Saturn VUE is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2002 Saturn VUE?
- Is my business laptop or cellphone covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent.
Different Types of Car Insurance Coverage
Understanding what needs you and your vehicle have can be of help when determining which coverages you should choose, as well as what the proper limits and deductibles should be. The terms used in a policy can sometimes be confusing, as they can overlap occasionally, so the following explanations might clear up some of the confusion.
Medical Expense Coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like prosthetic devices, EMT expenses and doctor visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability Car Insurance
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like driving through your garage door, crashing into a building, or hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured or Underinsured Coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage. A lot of drivers will consider dropping comprehensive the older their vehicles get. Lets take the Saturn VUE as our example. The value of a 2002 Saturn VUE will depreciate as time goes on. This means that eventually, should something happen to it, your insurance company may determine the cost of repairs no longer worth the effort because the value is too low.
However, this is up to the driver’s discretion. Some drivers prefer having full coverage no matter the age of their vehicle. Comprehensive coverage can pay for things such as hitting a deer, rock chips in any glass, and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Why should you compare auto insurance policies?
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons, such as being labeled a high-risk driver, high prices, lack of trust in their agent, or extremely high rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy, and you might even save some money in the process.
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to find the best coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Make sure you’re also looking in the right places. Coverage varies by state, as well as by vehicle and driver. In fact, there are many things that an insurance company will consider when determining your rates. This is why the value of your vehicle matters, and why you should consider applying for a safe driving course. There are many ways you can end up saving money on your car insurance policy.
Hopefully now it will be a little easier for you to look for updated car insurance coverage, whether it’s for a 2002 Saturn VUE, or any other vehicle. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you obtain, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a small mutual company that only exists in your location.
If you need to compare insurance companies, we offer a free online comparison tool that can help you.
More Informational References:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find low-cost insurance for my 2002 Saturn VUE?
To find low-cost insurance for your 2002 Saturn VUE, or any other vehicle, you can follow these tips:
- Shop around periodically, as insurance rates change over time.
- Consider the changing value of your vehicle and adjust your coverage accordingly.
- Use online tools and comparison websites to compare quotes from different companies.
- Take advantage of available discounts to lower your insurance premiums.
What discounts should I look for with car insurance?
Car insurance companies offer various discounts that can help you save money on your premiums. Some commonly available discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts (for bundling multiple policies with the same insurer), good student discounts, and discounts for anti-theft devices or safety features in your vehicle. It’s important to inquire with different insurers about the discounts they offer and see which ones you qualify for.
Why are there so many auto insurance policy options?
Auto insurance policies offer different options because everyone’s insurance needs are unique. Factors such as the condition of your vehicle, your driving habits, and your personal circumstances can influence the type and amount of coverage you require. By offering various policy options, insurance companies can cater to different individuals’ specific needs and provide customized coverage.
What are the different types of car insurance coverage?
Different types of car insurance coverage include:
- Liability car insurance, which covers injuries or damages you cause to others.
- Collision coverage, which pays for damages to your vehicle in case of a collision.
- Comprehensive coverage, which covers damages from events other than collisions, such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, which protects you if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who doesn’t have sufficient insurance.
- Medical expense coverage, which covers immediate medical expenses for you and your passengers.
Why should I compare auto insurance policies?
Comparing auto insurance policies allows you to find the best coverage at the best price. By shopping around and obtaining quotes from different insurance companies, you can identify potential savings, uncover discounts, and ensure you’re getting the most value for your money. It’s important not to sacrifice coverage for lower premiums and to consider factors such as the reputation of the insurer and the quality of customer service when comparing policies.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area