2006 Saturn VUE Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 6, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Average insurance rates for a 2006 Saturn VUE are $982 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $160 a year, collision insurance costs $190, and liability coverage costs around $474. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $522 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $2,106. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $3,972 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $982
Rate estimates for 2006 Saturn VUE Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2006 Saturn VUE models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $522 for a discount liability-only rate to a high of $2,106 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences show why it is important for drivers to compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2006 Saturn VUE Insurance
Trying to find low-cost insurance for your Saturn VUE can normally be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time.
There are more efficient ways to compare insurance coverage rates and you need to know the quickest way to compare rates for a Saturn and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and local agents.
Locating the cheapest protection can be fairly easy. If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Drivers only need to know the most effective way to shop their coverage around over the internet.
How to reduce Saturn VUE insurance rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% for VUE insurance with certain companies.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will bring down your overall premium however.
For a list of insurers offering auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
Compare Quotes for Car Insurance
Getting a lower price on 2006 Saturn VUE insurance is surprisingly easy. The only requirement is to take a couple of minutes comparing rates online from several insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This type of form keeps you from doing separate quote forms for each company. Taking the time to complete one form will return quotes from several companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A less efficient way to obtain and compare quotes online requires visiting each individual company website and request a quote. For example, we’ll assume you want rates from Progressive, State Farm and American Family. You would have to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits with every price quote. If the quotes have unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s not possible to truly determine the lowest rate.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I rate my 2006 Saturn VUE as pleasure use or commute?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2006 Saturn VUE is totaled?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2006 Saturn VUE to commute?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
What auto insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability coverage – Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as attorney fees, structural damage and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hail damage, damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
UM/UIM Coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Saturn VUE.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your VUE resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical costs insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for funeral costs, surgery, dental work, hospital visits and pain medications. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Shop around and save
As you shop your coverage around, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to reduce 2006 Saturn VUE insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with an unexpected company.
Affordable insurance can be bought both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional insurance information is available below:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,551|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,677|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$58|
|5-yr Claim Free||$61|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$34|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.