Cheapest 2009 Volkswagen GTI Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better car insurance rates for your Volkswagen GTI? Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can take a big chunk out of your checking account and make it hard to pay other bills. Comparing price quotes is a great way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Many auto insurance companies compete for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company and get the best coverage at the cheapest price
Volkswagen GTI rates are complex
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the items companies use to determine prices.
- Pay less after the wedding – Getting married helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Marriage translates into being more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The more miles you rack up on your Volkswagen each year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your GTI may be costing you. Make sure your car insurance policy shows how each vehicle is driven.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Good drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Even a single citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers with dangerous tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Some insurers will give a discount to people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you may still want to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Jobs such as judges, architects and financial analysts tend to have higher average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, jobs such as actors, engineers and retirees receive lower rates for GTI coverage.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Living in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when it comes to car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Lower population means reduced accidents.
Discounts are basically free money
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before being credited.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts compared to bad drivers.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
Insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts are:
Check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not apply in your state.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Auto insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate regularly use ads on television and other media. They all seem to have a common claim of big savings if you move your policy. But how can every company say the same thing?
All companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a desirable insured might be over the age of 40, is a homeowner, and has excellent credit. Any driver who fits that profile receives the best rates and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will be quoted a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save money. This is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings.
This emphasizes why it is so important to compare many company’s rates. You cannot predict which company will give you the biggest savings on Volkswagen GTI insurance.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions can help discover whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your GTI caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as rolling your car, scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen GTI.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Frequently these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses such as chiropractic care, ambulance fees, doctor visits, nursing services and surgery. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Have the Midas touch
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best price.
Cheaper 2009 Volkswagen GTI insurance is possible on the web as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I view companies with cheap auto insurance rates for my 2009 Volkswagen GTI in 2023?
To view companies that offer cheap auto insurance rates for your 2009 Volkswagen GTI, simply enter your ZIP code below and use the free quote tool. It will provide you with a list of companies to compare rates from.
What factors are considered when calculating auto insurance rates for a Volkswagen GTI?
Several factors influence the rates you pay for car insurance. Insurance companies consider factors such as your driving record, age, location, vehicle make and model, coverage options, and deductible choices. Understanding these factors can help you make informed decisions when comparing rates.
Are there any discounts available that can help reduce the cost of auto insurance for a Volkswagen GTI?
Yes, many auto insurance companies offer discounts that can significantly lower your premiums. These discounts may vary among different insurers but can include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, good student discounts, and more. It’s important to check with each insurance company to see which discounts you may be eligible for.
How do I choose the right coverage for my Volkswagen GTI?
Selecting the right insurance coverage depends on your specific needs and circumstances. There is no one-size-fits-all plan. Consider factors such as your driving habits, the value of your vehicle, your budget, and any additional coverage options you may need. If you’re unsure, it’s recommended to consult with a licensed insurance agent for personalized advice.
What are the typical coverages available for auto insurance policies?
Auto insurance policies typically offer coverages such as comprehensive protection, collision coverage, uninsured or underinsured coverage, medical expense coverage, and auto liability. These coverages provide protection against various risks and damages. It’s essential to understand the details of each coverage option and choose the ones that best suit your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area