Cheapest 2010 Cadillac SRX Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better auto insurance rates for your Cadillac SRX? Overpriced Cadillac SRX insurance can overdraw your bank account and force you to make sacrifices. Shopping your coverage around is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to help make ends meet. Because you have many options, it’s difficult to find the most affordable insurance company.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes periodically because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best price for SRX coverage on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate today. There is too much inaccurate information about auto insurance online but we’re going to give you some guaranteed methods to find cheap auto insurance.
Shopping for the best insurance coverage is quite easy. If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you can learn to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. Consumers just need to learn the most effective way to shop for insurance coverage over the internet.
Discounts to lower 2010 Cadillac SRX insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for SRX coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up online.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will cut your overall premium however.
Insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
Double check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be available in every state.
Insurance Prices Online
Getting better 2010 Cadillac SRX insurance pricing can be surprisingly simple. Just take time to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
The most efficient way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for multiple quote forms for each company. A single, simple form will get you rate comparisons from multiple companies.
A different way to find lower rates consists of visiting each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For instance, let’s say you want rates from GEICO, Liberty Mutual and Travelers. You would have to visit each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
The least efficient method to compare rates is to waste gas driving to different agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the personal advice of a local agent. Drivers can comparison shop online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make darn sure you compare identical coverage limits and deductibles on every quote you get. If you have different deductibles it’s impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Cadillac SRX.
Cadillac SRX rate determination is complex
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better insurance rates.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – The majority of insurance companies will give a discount to customers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Your spouse saves you money – Being married can actually save you money on your policy. It means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are quite a few extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Coverages for roadside assistance, better glass coverage and membership fees may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- How your age affects price – Young drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving so they pay higher insurance rates. Adding a young driver onto your insurance can break the bank. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you file claims often, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies provide better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Women and men are in accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions may help highlight if you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Information about specific coverages
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
This coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Cadillac SRX.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your SRX resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims such as legal defense fees, funeral expenses, court costs, emergency aid and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills like doctor visits, pain medications, rehabilitation expenses and surgery. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from getting keyed, fire damage, falling objects, rock chips in glass and vandalism. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
In the end, you save
Cheap 2010 Cadillac SRX insurance is definitely available from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area