2010 Dodge Ram Pickup Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 24, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2010 Dodge Ram are $1,208 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive insurance costs around $210, collision insurance costs $284, and liability costs $534. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $588 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $2,598 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,800 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,208
Rate estimates for 2010 Dodge Ram Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2010 Dodge Ram models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $588 for basic liability insurance to the much higher price of $2,598 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences illustrate why everyone should compare rates for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2010 Dodge Ram Insurance
Want lower insurance coverage rates for your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500? Feel like you’re a prisoner to overpriced insurance coverage? Believe me, there are many consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance coverage. Because there are so many companies and agents to choose from, it is very difficult to find the lowest cost provider.
Buying affordable protection is not that difficult. If you have a current insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Drivers only need to know the most efficient way to get comparison quotes over the internet.
Insurance Quote Comparison
Comparing insurance rates can take time and effort if you aren’t aware of the easiest way. You could spend the better part of a day talking to local insurance agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
All the larger companies participate in a marketplace that allows shoppers to send in one quote, and each participating company provides a quote for coverage. This eliminates the need for form submissions for every insurance company. To get comparison pricing now click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to doing it this way is buyers cannot specifically choose the insurers to get quotes from. So if you want to choose specific providers to request quotes from, we have a page of companies who write insurance in your area. Click here to view list.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for each price quote. If you enter different liability limits you can’t possibly truly determine the lowest rate.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be inquired about before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount for Ram pickup coverage depending on your company.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Dodge could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Ram pickup coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums for Ram pickup coverage.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies who might offer some of the above discounts are:
- Farm Bureau
- American Family
- State Farm
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Why your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance rates may be high
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Sex matters – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more miles you rack up on your Dodge in a year’s time the higher your rate. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Make sure your car insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. If your policy improperly rates your Ram Pickup 1500 may be costing you.
- Where you live can impact rates – Living in a small town can save you money when talking about car insurance. City drivers regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Lower population means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Your credit rating is important – Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 by improving your credit score.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Driving without insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like judges, architects and accountants are shown to have higher rates than average due to job stress and long work days. On the flip side, occupations like pilots, athletes and performers pay the least for Ram pickup coverage.
Car insurance coverage specifics
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Comprehensive car insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a broken windshield, damage from getting keyed and hitting a deer. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Liability insurance – This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as attorney fees, bail bonds, medical expenses, structural damage and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Coverage for medical expenses – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills such as dental work, nursing services, EMT expenses and chiropractic care. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision – This coverage covers damage to your Ram Pickup 1500 caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Coverage on a shoestring budget
We just presented some good ideas how to lower your 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Affordable insurance is available both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,908|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,067|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$75|
|5-yr Claim Free||$76|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$45|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.