2011 Dodge Ram Pickup Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 29, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2011 Dodge Ram are $1,248 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs around $228 a year, collision insurance costs $306, and liability costs $534. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $588 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $2,678 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,910 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,248
Rate estimates for 2011 Dodge Ram Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2011 Dodge Ram models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range range from as low as $588 for only liability insurance to a high of $2,678 for a high risk driver.
These differences demonstrate why it is important for drivers to compare rates for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2011 Dodge Ram Insurance
Are you regretting buying an overpriced insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because you’re not the only one.
Online insurance companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive increase brand awareness with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the geckos and flying pigs and find the best price available.
It’s a good habit to quote other rates as often as possible since prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best deal for Ram pickup coverage six months ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re going to learn one of the easiest ways to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. But drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies determine prices.
How to buy auto insurance online
There are several ways of comparing rates from all the different companies. The quickest method to do a complete rate comparison involves getting comparison quotes online. This is very easy and can be done in a couple minutes as outlined below.
- One of the best ways to compare a lot of rates at once is an all-inclusive rate comparison. This type of form keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for every company. One form gets coverage cost estimates from multiple low-cost companies.
- A harder way to get quotes online is spending the time to visit the website of each company and fill out a new quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to see prices from Auto-Owners, State Farm and Liberty Mutual. To find out each rate you need to spend time going to each site individually and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker.
Take whichever approach you prefer, but try to keep identical coverage limits with each company. If you have different limits and deductibles on each one you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate. Just slight variations in coverage limits may result in large price differences. Just keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies will improve the odds of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now.
Get lower-cost auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers don’t always list all possible discounts very well, so the list below contains both the well known as well as some of the hidden ways to save on auto insurance. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to study driving manner by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote car insurance for Ram pickup coverage but check with your company.
- Sign Online – A few auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application digitally online.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for signing up early. It could save around 10% when you buy car insurance online.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower prices.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies that may offer policyholders some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not be offered in your area. To see providers who offer free auto insurance quotes, enter your zip code here.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions can help discover whether you might need professional guidance.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and enter your zip code.
Components of your Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance costs
Many factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although others are more obscure such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower car insurance prices.
- Better credit means lower prices – Your credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit score can be improved, you may save money insuring your 2011 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with bad credit.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the males have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Only buy what you need – Insurance companies have many additional coverages that can add up on your Ram Pickup 1500 policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Save by driving less – Driving more miles every year the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure than those used for commuting. It’s a good idea to make sure your policy reflects the correct usage, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your Ram Pickup 1500 may be wasting your money.
Specific coverages for a 2011 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Collision – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Ram Pickup 1500 resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability – This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical expenses, pain and suffering and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses for surgery, dental work, rehabilitation expenses, pain medications and chiropractic care. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer, hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and a broken windshield. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 2011 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Have the Midas touch
We’ve covered some good ideas how to get a better price on 2011 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive car insurance. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from an unexpected company. They can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Affordable 2011 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 insurance can be bought both online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,971|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,133|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$79|
|5-yr Claim Free||$79|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$47|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.