Cheapest 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance rates for your Hyundai Sonata Hybrid? Shopping for car insurance is not really something consumers love to do, but all states require it before you can legally be on the road.
It’s smart to shop coverage around yearly due to the fact that insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best rates for Sonata Hybrid coverage a year ago you may be paying too much now. Starting now, forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re going to learn the only way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage is simple if you know the tricks. But car owners must know how companies price insurance differently.
How to Get Insurance Coverage Comparison Quotes
Comparing insurance coverage rates can be a lot of work if you don’t utilize the most efficient way to do it. You can spend countless hours driving to local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize the internet to get prices fast.
Many companies participate in a marketplace where prospective buyers enter their coverage request one time, and each company returns a competitive quote. This system prevents you from having to do quotation requests for each company.
To access this free quoting program, click here (opens in new window).
The single downside to getting quotes like this is you are unable to specify which providers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to pick from a list of companies to compare rates, we put together a list of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. Click here to view list.
However you get your quotes, make absolute certain that you use the exact same information for each comparison quote. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s impossible to make an equal comparison. Just a small difference in coverage limits can result in a big premium difference. And when quoting insurance coverage, remember that getting more free quotes will increase your chances of finding the best price.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10% for Sonata Hybrid coverage.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home can save you money because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies will give a small break just for signing your application online.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Sonata Hybrid coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Hyundai could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount for Sonata Hybrid coverage depending on your company.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Car insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company how you can save money. Savings may not be available in your state.
You may need specialized coverage
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Specifics of your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Auto liability insurance
This will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things like medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from flooding. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for collisions
This will pay to fix damage to your Sonata Hybrid caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses for rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses and pain medications. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Hyundai Sonata Hybrid.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area