Cheapest 2012 Audi A49 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest auto insurance rates? Shoppers have many options when shopping for the lowest priced Audi A4 insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or utilize the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a better way to find auto insurance online and we’ll show you the best way to price shop coverage for a new or used Audi and obtain the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
It’s smart to shop coverage around once or twice a year because insurance rates tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best deal for A4 insurance six months ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the proper way to find better coverage at a better price.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Costs
There are multiple methods to shop for 2012 Audi A4 auto insurance, but one way is more efficient than others. You could waste a few hours discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to get pricing more quickly.
Most major companies take part in a program that allows shoppers to send in one quote, and each company returns a rated price for coverage. This eliminates the need for quotation requests for each company you want a rate for.
To access this free quoting program, click to open in new window.
The single downside to getting quotes like this is buyers cannot specifically choose which companies to receive prices from. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we have a listing of low cost auto insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
However you get your quotes, ensure you’re using the exact same coverage limits for every quote you compare. If you compare differing limits it will be very difficult to decipher which rate is best.
Don’t miss these nine discounts
Companies do not list every available discount very well, so we break down some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount for A4 insurance depending on your company.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who live away from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can help you save on insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies that may offer these money-saving discounts are:
Before buying, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Savings might not be offered in your state.
When might I need help?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2012 Audi A4 to commute?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance coverage specifics
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your A4 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses for rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits, hospital visits and prosthetic devices. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like falling objects, hitting a bird and vandalism. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2012 Audi A4.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability – This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as bail bonds, loss of income, medical services and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Smart shoppers get results
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Discount 2012 Audi A4 insurance can be bought on the web and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal or even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company is actually quite simple.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 2012 Audi A4?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 2012 Audi A4, consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare rates and coverage options.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium, but make sure you can afford to pay the deductible if you need to make a claim.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Having a history of safe driving can help you secure lower insurance rates.
- Explore available discounts: Inquire about any discounts you may be eligible for, such as multi-policy, multi-vehicle, or good driver discounts.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurance companies offer programs where your rates are based on your driving habits, potentially resulting in lower premiums if you have good driving behavior.
What factors influence the cost of insurance for a 2012 Audi A4?
Several factors can affect the cost of insurance for a 2012 Audi A4, including:
- Age and driving experience: Younger and inexperienced drivers typically pay higher insurance premiums.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary based on your location due to factors like crime rates and accident frequency in the area.
- Vehicle usage: The intended use of your car, such as personal or business, can impact insurance rates.
- Coverage and deductible: The type and level of coverage you choose, as well as your deductible amount, can affect your insurance premium.
- Driving record: A history of accidents or traffic violations can result in higher insurance rates.
- Credit history: Some insurance providers consider credit history when determining premiums.
- Safety features: The presence of safety features in your 2012 Audi A4, such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, or an anti-theft system, can potentially lower your insurance costs.
Are there any specific insurance providers known for offering affordable rates for a 2012 Audi A4?
While specific insurance rates can vary based on individual circumstances, it’s generally a good idea to consider obtaining quotes from various insurance providers. Some well-known insurance companies often offer competitive rates for auto insurance, including:
- State Farm
- USAA (for military personnel and their families)
Are there any insurance discounts available specifically for a 2012 Audi A4?
Insurance discounts can vary depending on the insurance provider, but some common discounts that may apply to a 2012 Audi A4 (or any vehicle) include:
- Multi-policy discount: If you insure your Audi A4 and other policies, such as home or renters insurance, with the same provider, you may qualify for a discount.
- Multi-vehicle discount: If you insure multiple vehicles on the same policy, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good driver discount: Maintaining a clean driving record with no accidents or traffic violations can often lead to discounted rates.
- Safety features discount: If your 2012 Audi A4 is equipped with safety features like anti-lock brakes, airbags, or an anti-theft system, you may qualify for a discount.
- Low mileage discount: If you don’t drive your Audi A4 extensively, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good student discount: If you’re a student with good grades, you may qualify for discounted rates.
- Pay-in-full discount: Some insurers offer discounts if you pay your premium in full rather than in installments.
Are there any additional tips to lower the cost of insurance for my 2012 Audi A4?
Here are some additional tips to potentially reduce the cost of insurance for your 2012 Audi A4:
- Take a defensive driving course: Successfully completing a defensive driving course can sometimes qualify you for discounted rates.
- Maintain a good credit score: Some insurance companies consider credit history when determining premiums, so maintaining a good credit score may help lower your rates.
- Remove unnecessary coverage: Review your insurance policy to ensure you’re not paying for coverage you don’t need, but be cautious to maintain adequate protection.
- Avoid filing small claims: Consider handling minor damages out of pocket instead of filing a claim, as multiple claims can lead to higher premiums.
- Regularly review your policy: As your circumstances change, such as moving or adding safety features, update your insurance provider to see if it affects your rates.
- Bundle insurance policies: If you have multiple insurance needs, bundling them with one provider may result in discounted rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area